I tweaked my build a bit and think I'm ready to order finally... just wanted to see if anyone has any major concerns. This is only the second rig I've built, but did some homework and got a ton of help on these forums.
I'll be using my existing 22" LCD and I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 to install.
Last minute changes were to drop the Corsair and pick up 8 gig of the Mushkin RAM (which I realize I will need to change the timings on) and adding a 2nd WD Caviar in order to utilize Raid 0. Currently the plan is to start with one 4870 (rather than 2 4850's) with the hopes of adding a 2nd in the future... anyone think I should beef up the PSU for this?
Here it is as it stands.. any criticisms are very well appreciated....
Chose the Duo Core to start because I don't really have any applications that can utilize 4 cores atm. Can always upgrade to a quad later if it becomes absolutely necessary, but I think the duo will serve me fine for the time being. As a side note, I had a hunch and checked my Vista I have waiting to install and it's actually not 64 bit. I agonized over dropping some more dough for a 64 bit vista ultimate or just scaling back to 4gigs of ram and using the 32 bit edition I already have. Couldn't bring myself to drop any more cash now, so I cut it back to 4 gigs. Now for the agonizing wait.. ordered the parts and they're shipping from all 3 newegg sites.. something's gonna get delayed I just know it.