v400 travails

Last response: in Network Providers
February 2, 2005 11:29:41 PM

Hello all,
I have had a v400 for about nine months, and I like it
except for a couple of problems. Now I have been fighting
a charging problem, I thought it had a bad battery, so I
replaced it, I thought the wall charger was bad, so I got
a new one, but it sometimes will not charge. The display
says "unable to charge" when I plug in the charger. I
have this problem on the old and new charger, so I am
sure it is the phone. My brother has a V300 from t-mobil and
reports a similar problem where it will light up the display
when he plugs it in, but not charge at night.

Is the v551 the same? I really have been considering
upgrading to it (edge, bluetooth ) but am stymied now,
I don't want to get a new phone with the same bad
plug design, if it is really a problem. I guess I want to
know if my problem is rare, or if anyone else has had
the same type of trouble..

Thanks for any information

Bernard

More about : v400 travails

February 5, 2005 5:34:57 AM

Probably some dirt or junk on the contacts. Clean the phone's battery
contacts and the battery contacts too.

--
Steve

!