P35 boards question

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
ive been kinda out of the game for a while. P35 is like the best 775 socket chipset right? and then it says it supports 45nm right? but 65nm will work just fine? that is my main question. Then if anyone could recommend a good board i over clock im not too hardcore about it i have liqiuid cooling 4 gb sticsk of ddr 2 800 a e6600 and i think i fried my old board wich possibley never worked right anyway.

heres the hole story maybe someone has a idea whats up

i got the system a while back when e6600 and the geforce 8s just came out got the e6600 and a 8600 and ever since the begginning when i turned it on it would power on then power off for a sec then back on. and i thought i had a weak power supply or somehitng so i got a new one and that didnt fix it and now it just wont power on >.< now that i say this is my psu bad its almost new dammit ack i guess i should try my old one b4 i buy a new board but anyway still wanna answer \

Thanks everyone

Could be a bad connection at the board from the power supply plugs for atx or the 4 pin 12v connector. When I have a major problem, I always take the board out of the case (and sometimes the power supply if the leads won't reach), and place it on a non conductive surface like a phonebook, and begin diagnostics. Start with just the cpu/heatsink, one stick of memory, and video. You can plug in other components as you go until the problem re-appears. Use the screwdriver trick for starting up the board. Just touch the pin cluster for the ps switch, power led, reset, etc. until it fires up. Be patient; check your board manual for suggestions.

Peaks

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
It does sound like your psu is struggling to get power o your components and if its a new psu them that screams motherboard problems. o1die is probably right with his theory.

i thought p45 was a better chipset, p35 is last gen