Corsair 750W - Is it good ? + Other PSU recommendation

craige4u

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
I have set my eyes on Corsair 750W for my next build.
As far as i have read reviews - its positive, but what you all say.....

I just got one problem with this PSU - its not modular.
Any other similar good brand tht can be suggested othan than this. i require 700-800W modular.

my next preferred choice brand is tagan (But warrenty can be a hassle in my region)

NOTE: Only corsair, coolermaster, antec & tagan PSU are available in my region that are reputed. Also i require black colored PSU, as my case is black.

n1stunna

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I just bought a Corsair TX750w

It was a pain to install it in my case due to not being modular.
I some how got most of the wires behind the mother board tray and only have a few sticking out but zip ties did the trick.

as for a modular power supply I think the Tagan TG800-U88 BZ 800W Modular Power Supply looks cool, but I have no clue what the amps and rail system is like.

Personally I do not think a modular design is worth it. If you have a dremel and some time to plan you can save some money. Though if you have the budget go for it.

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008

I have a TX750w.

The Cables are long. Really long. And loads of it. Is that a bad thing ? atm yes, they are crammed in my case. But im going to upgrade soon and ill lose some time fixing it.

The PSU is silent, stable and heavy. I like it because if i intend to upgrade, for almost anything, it will do.
I like it :)

miked1156

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2008
hey guys. im kind of new at this and have question. i do i know which psu to get. i was about to order the corsair 550 but it says atx 2.2 compatible and atx 2.1 compatible.