I would appreciate any help,for being able to add an Internet explorer icon
to my tray,with an open blank window opening so I can the type in a url to go
to. Also as I'm searchin the web is ther a way to have all new web pages
come up in their indivudual internet explorer windows. All help & ideas
greatly appreciated!
--
Thank You,as always!

Hi Wayne,

If the IE icon is on your desktop, drag it onto the quicklaunch bar and drop
it. If not, right click the desktop, choose properties and on the desktop
tab click customize and you can add it back here.

Now open IE, click tools/Internet Options. On the general tab, use
"about:blank" (without the quotes) as the home page. Click apply/ok.

There is no way to force every link to open in a new window by default. That
requires the page writer to insert _blank as part of the code. To do it your
way, right click the link and use the option to open in a new window. This
will work for most, but not all, pages.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would appreciate any help,for being able to add an Internet explorer icon
> to my tray,with an open blank window opening so I can the type in a url to
> go
> to. Also as I'm searchin the web is ther a way to have all new web pages
> come up in their indivudual internet explorer windows. All help & ideas
> greatly appreciated!
> --
> Thank You,as always!

Rick; Thanks so much for the info,I've tried it but no desktop icon yet.
I'm going to restart to see if the blank IE window will show on desktop.
Again,thanks,,,,,Wayne
--
Thank You,as always!