Sign in with
Your question

Fried P5B Deluxe?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 30, 2008 2:29:00 PM

I've had this setup for a little over a year now, have made various upgrades during this time as well.

My computer refuses to POST, I get no beeps, I get no power to my USB devices, my VGA seems to be recognized but there is nothing other than a black screen, no bios.

All of my motherboard and case lights work, all of my fans are spinning, but that's pretty much it.

I have tried CMOS reset via battery reset and jumper reset. I tried replacing with a new CMOS battery. I tried booting without memory, I've tried booting without a CPU for 10 seconds (this is supposed to reset the bios) and then booting with CPU, this didn't work.

I doubt that my PSU is the suspect here simply because I've upgraded it relatively recently (less than 2 months ago).

I am about to try booting outside of my case in the off chance that it is causing a short circuit somewhere.

Is my p5b Deluxe dead?

Thanks in advance!

Here's some specs:

P5B Deluxe WIFI
E6320 CONROE 1.86
Antec P182 case
XFX 8800 GTS 512
Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU
2X1GIG Corsair Twin XMS

More about : fried p5b deluxe

October 30, 2008 5:16:20 PM

Can you try it with the PSU you replaced? I had something very similar happen about 2 years ago. Replaced mobo and cpu, and it didn't fix it. Sent those back and decided to build a new box. Still don't know exactly what the cause was, but I'm suspecting it was the PSU.
October 30, 2008 7:20:51 PM

AMDThunder, thanks for your reply.

I have tried it with my older PSU, still no luck.

I tried my 6320 CPU on another mobo and it worked fine, so that eliminates the CPU.

I also tried booting outside of the case to eliminate that as well.

I tried running with 1 stick of ram, I tried running an older piece of corsair ram as well, one which I had used in this system before, but it had no results either.

My board doesn't have a beep speaker and I don't really have access to one, so that sort of limits me too.

But all signs point to a dead mobo, is there anything I'm overlooking?
June 24, 2012 6:49:44 AM

I'm just wondering if my motherboard fried, do I have to replace a new one with the same motherboard?

Motherbaord:
Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP
!