jrawle

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
I hae a GA-EP35-DS3L, and was wondering if there's a way to disable the boot menu that can be accessed by pressing F12.

This menu presents a security vulnerability as it allows booting from the floppy or CD drive even if they are not set as boot devices in the BIOS. That means the user can insert a bootable disk and use it to access files on the hard disk.

I have been unable to find a way to disable the F12 feature on my motherboard. Does anyone have any ideas?

jrawle

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
Yes, I've tried that, but it then asks for a password every time the machine boots, not just when the boot menu is used. I most definitely don't want that as my operating system has its own login requiring a password.

It should be possible to allow standard users to use the system but not the F12 boot menu. This is not possible using the system password option as they need the password to boot the system from the default drive.

All motherboards I've used before could be secured simply by setting a setup password. All that would be needed here is an option in the BIOS setup to turn off the F12 boot menu. As it stands, I feel this is a glaring omission.

G

just start ur laptop or desktop and press del key or the key which takes u to the configuration setting and then go to MAIN tab and there u see F12 boot menu jut disable it .............woopsssssss..........

hope u get the right answer....

Xerophie

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
I have the same problem on my GA M68M-S2P, hope folks here known the solution :hello:

p.s. : no option found to disable f12 on boot menu.

mohammadi

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

hi
I have the same problem i can not disable f12 boot menu
did you find any answer?
i you get please tell me how?
thanks
mohammadi1333@gmail.com

TRENDING THREADS