Your question

Sony Optiarc wont open!

Tags:
  • DVD Writers
  • SATA
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
December 14, 2009 2:44:10 PM

Hello, I just purchased AD-7240S-0B from newegg.com. OEM, just last week.
I installed it via SATA cable and the SATA power cable from my power supply.
This drive will not open when i hit the eject button! The green LED on the front is also always on when my computer is on. Wondering if there is a BIOS setting I'm missing because it is SATA interface instead of IDE, or if its an issue with Windows 7, or even my motherboard. I dont believe it's my motherboard because I've tried all of the SATA ports, and I have two SATA hard drives and they work fine.Please help me out! I DO have the latest firmware (1.3) i believe it is. I thought CD/DVD Players/Burners were pretty much plug and play :(  maybe I just have a bad manufactured one. Thanks in advance!

More about : sony optiarc wont open

a b G Storage
December 14, 2009 11:43:20 PM

Try using the emergency eject button to see if the drive is simply stuck.

There should be a small pin hole on the right side between the eject button and the drive slot. Use an untwisted paperclip, thin toothpick or eyeglass screwdriver set to hit the button.
m
l
December 15, 2009 12:05:41 AM

no, its not stuck. i can manually eject it :o )
m
l
Related resources
December 15, 2009 1:57:58 PM

the drive is being recognized in the bios and in windows 7 just fine, its just that nothing happens when i hit the open/close button :( 
m
l
a b G Storage
December 15, 2009 6:11:49 PM

Contact Sony support. If that doesn't help, send it back and get something else. LG is a good brand.
m
l
!