Building a pc for € 1500,- / $ 2360,-

qwertyrules

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Hello community :)

I have been away from computers for 6 years and I felt like building a new pc. I have many questions that I would like to ask and if someone is in the mood or has time to answer my question I'd be thankful :) I'm a person that uses / abuses :lol: my computer for everyting. I write Java/C++ and Flash and I design with Maya/Photoshop, I hack (experimental) and I game around 5 to 15 hours a day. So I want a computer that can do anything of that very well or in other words excellent :D

Things I am going to buy for sure

Logitech G15
Razer DeathAdder
Steelpad Qck
Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW
Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ, 1TB

Things I'm not sure about

■Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 - I had trouble choosing between the Q6600/ Q6700/Q9450. But I made up my mind and I choose the one that is the newest.

■Antec Performance One P182 - Hmm or maybe a coolermaster?

■ATI Radeon 4870 - I choose this card because the benchmarks were pretty nice for it's price! I was thinking about 3870x2 before but people told me that if I'm person which only buys a new computer every 5 years I'd better buy a new card instead of an almost outdated one. Beside that I've also have a few questions about the new technology called SLI / crossfire. I saw that they were preforming awesome in 3d mark 06 but I also read some things about "Micro Stuttering" which made me rethink about choosing for crossfire/SLI.

■Scythe Infinity SCINF-1000 - Just choose it randomly, I had many CM's before which were pretty good years ago. I'm not quite sure how good they are compared to other brands nowadays.

■Corsair Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF - I also heard great stuff about the OCZ reaper.

■Asus P5Q Deluxe - I don't need DDR3 support till I buy a new computer because it's pretty expensive compared to DDR2. But the motherboard must support quad core / Crossfire.

■Cooler Master Real Power M850 - I don't know if this is the best PSU for it's price, even though it seems pretty expensive people told me good story's about it.

Also I'd love to hear comments about the items I'm going to buy for sure. For example if you guys tell me that there is a screen for about the same money but better then I'll change my mind :) I'm doing research for weeks now and I finally want to build my dream pc instead of doing research.

Also I already apologize for all the typo's I made (I'm not english) and if anything isn't clear to you just send me a msg or reply and I'll try to answer it ASAP.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to hear all of your suggestions.

Friendly Greetings,
Qwertyrules.

bf2gameplaya

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
Asus P5Q Deluxe - This is a good choice, the P5Q uses a new 16 phase power supply system designed for stable low-power states. While you state you will not be using DDR3 due to cost, that is entirely understandable but DDR3 does run stably and fast at lower voltages and your budget is in no danger of being approached so do consider it when the time comes.

Everything else is just style, you have done your homework!

qwertyrules

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Thanks for both reactions guys! So I guess the Q9450 with 4870's in crossfire works out well :). What do you things about waiting for the 4870x2 instead of buying 2 x 4870 right now? I've I'm correct the x2 will be cheaper and better. And bf2gameplaya I will indeed consider using DDR3 if I really need it ;)

rapid1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I'd go with a Hyper 850 PSU top efficiency VERY stable especially with a quad core and 4870 and thinking of crossfire should be very efficient especially with a MB like that one with it's green power saving setting etc and it's high efficieny and top end the OCZ reaper is great memory as is every memory they make (at least in the higher end gaming models) I admit I don't know anything about there lower end memory which reaper definitely is'nt) as for you cpu cooler I'd suggest a zerotherm nirvana if you have the room for it and if you do make sure the fan blows toward a rear or top exhaust port top being the best make note of the fact Shadow said that MB would'nt run crossfire I'd go with a X38 X48 or X45 MB the MSI Diamond and platinum are reported at being at top game but not carzy expensive probably cheeper than the one you chose but equal if not better performance and for oc'ing

G

uh... dude at least wait for nehalem...

it will eliminate the fsb and provide better multi threading

at the minimum it should drop prices

thepowerofdonuts

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
FYI, the QCK isn't too great with the DeathAdder. Get a QPAD CT or a Titan Monsterpad.

For the case, I'd go with a Cooler Master 690.
For 8500 RAM, I like the G. Skill that's 105 on NewEgg. It has some of the best timings/voltages/price.
For the PSU I'd go with a Corsair 750TX.
The best cooler for the price now is the Xigmatek S1283.
You should really consider getting one or two WD Caviar 640GB instead of your Samsung. They perform really well.

qwertyrules

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Thanks for all your reactions! I stayed up whole night and I haven't took some rest yet to find out about all the products you were talking about.
This is my new list:

Antec Performance One P182
Corsair Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF
Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Razer DeathAdder
Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ, 1TB
Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW
Sapphire Radeon HD 4870
Steelpad Qck
Thermalright Ultra-120 Heatsink (Socket 775/754/939/940)

I'm not sure yet about the case and the PSU, I don't know how much Watt I'm going to use so I'm not sure if a 750 Watt is enough for this computer. Beside that, I'm still looking for a nice clean case which is a master in cooling and pretty quite and my cpu cooler and everything has to fit in. So suggestions are welcome ^^ I prefer full aluminium / steel because I dislike plastic :)