What mobo should I pair up with the q6600?

magicfreak123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I'm looking to pick up a few parts and start a build from scratch. I decided to pick up a q6600. I've been looking at some water cooling solutions, since I wanna OC this thing and push it at far as it can go (maybe 3.8-4 ghz) and I finally settled for a cooler master aquagate (But I haven't bought it, so I'm open to suggestions) . What mobo should I get then? It can ATX form factor or mATX although I don't prefer micro for OCing. I need a really good OCing board. Anything sub $200-$220 is fine. Thanks. I need it to be SLI capable for my 2 9800GTXs.

I've heard the Asus Striker Extreme has some good OCing options in the Bios....whats your opinion?

aliomattux

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
I would go with EVGA SLI, such as 680i or 780i. Theyre products come with a lifetime warranty and they are built specifically for SLI. I have a 680I and a 780I and I havent had any trouble or had to RMA anything yet. ASUS is a good name but theyre motherboards are very specific on which memory they will take so make sure if you do decide ASUS that your memory is compatible. I would not recommend MSI because I have had trouble with every single board I have had from them and theyre customer service isnt very good. Gigabyte is good ive heard but never used it.