Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

LG hard disk driver hxd2

Last response: in Storage
Share
December 15, 2009 1:43:32 PM

I have a LG HDD HX2D and yesterday I unplugged without make the process to disconect the device because doesn´t let me and now when I plug in it doesnt work. I make a noise like it is trying to read but the computer doesn´t reconiced. The light is on but isn´t blinking. What that I have to do? can I recover all the information inside? I need help please!!!!!!!! Thank you

More about : hard disk driver hxd2

a b G Storage
December 17, 2009 3:37:08 AM

Before trying anything else, see if you can get the drive to work on other computers. My worry is that your haste to unplug the drive (you should've restarted or shut down the computer, just to be sure) caused the hard disk to lose power and the reader head to land on the data platters.
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 26, 2010 2:40:48 PM

I had the same problem with my LG HDD HXD2. Did you solve it?? did you get your info back?
Thanks!
m
0
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 16, 2011 9:05:46 AM

same problem Blue light steady - not blinking and it only mounts E drive which can't be accessed either.
m
0
l
September 25, 2011 7:50:37 PM

May be a energy source issue! There´s a double cable that comes with some versions (got a HXD5) that comes with a cable that is 2 USB in one side and a USB mini in the other tip. This cable works well in all computers, the simple cable works only in some computers that have some specific driver I don´t know what is it. That´s what I´m looking for right now, if anyone knows please let me know! Tks all,
Carlos
m
0
l
October 2, 2011 10:48:49 PM

abrahaovet said:
May be a energy source issue! There´s a double cable that comes with some versions (got a HXD5) that comes with a cable that is 2 USB in one side and a USB mini in the other tip. This cable works well in all computers, the simple cable works only in some computers that have some specific driver I don´t know what is it. That´s what I´m looking for right now, if anyone knows please let me know! Tks all,
Carlos

I havethe same problem: i broke my usb link, but i bought another (simple cable, i never used the double cable, i only connect the principal in the double cable) but simple, and today, it makes that. what i should do?
m
0
l
October 10, 2011 10:53:18 AM

Quote:
I had the same problem with my LG HDD HXD2. Did you solve it?? did you get your info back?
Thanks!



I have also the same problem, the blue light is on and the hardisk make sound like reading data..

but it is not working..

If you got your info.. please post it
m
0
l
October 10, 2011 10:54:15 AM

Quote:
I had the same problem with my LG HDD HXD2. Did you solve it?? did you get your info back?
Thanks!




I have also the same problem, the blue light is on and the hardisk make sound like reading data..

but it is not working..

If you got your info.. please post it
m
0
l
November 5, 2011 11:19:43 AM

Hi
Same problem here LG HDX2 320 go steady blue light when connected even with both usb plug and nothing- not recognised by xp sp3 and works on all other computers and other usb2 devices work on my computer.... I can't understand and i don't know what to do...

Any info please post
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 12:50:33 AM

r_manic said:
Before trying anything else, see if you can get the drive to work on other computers. My worry is that your haste to unplug the drive (you should've restarted or shut down the computer, just to be sure) caused the hard disk to lose power and the reader head to land on the data platters.



Hi, I know this was posted long ago, but maybe this poster or someone else can answer: if indeed this is the case (reader head landed on data platters), what, if anything, can be done?

fwiw, i am having same problem as the others in this thread, but mine won't work on other computers, either, and i have a feeling this is the case.

thanks!
m
0
l
!