rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Ok, don't ask me why, but I tried to update my audigy 2 zs drivers. I went into control panel and uninstalled them that way. However, now that I have done that and installed a newer driver, the volume control won't work at all. I also can't configure my 5.1 speakers anymore either through the icon in the bottom of the screen. No part of that volume control works.

I have been looking for the creative audio source program on the internet, but it seems to only exist on the cd that came with the card. I do not have access to the cd since it is at home and I am away at school.

Here's what I have tried:
-system restore to when it actually worked fine
-uninstalling and reinstalling the sound card under device manager
-installing three different revisions of the audigy 2 zs drivers

NONE of them has solved my problem.
I think that what I need to do is uninstall all the creative programs and reinstall bit by bit.
Can anyone help me?

I cant remember exactly how I did it, but theres a line of code that needs to be changed, even if you have the cd, once its deleted,, it wont get reloaded. I had to look it up and then get the right info, and rewrite it in I think the DLL files.

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
@ badge:
I don't really know. I did find something on their website that looks like it's supposed to scan your system, however it said it did not support vista (which I do no have!) and wouldn't scan my computer....

If I can't fix it right now, I can wait until I go home for christmas since I was planning on rebuilding my OS soon. I like to do that to clean up any junk.

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking... I might try emailing creative support. I haven't ever heard of good support from companies over email.

Thanks for everyone's help! I do appreciate it!