Sata Raid connectors used as individual drives?

Hello all,
I want to use an old Asus K8n-E deluxe for my file server. It has 2 black SATA connectors, labeled sata1 and sata2. On the bottom it has 4 red sata connectors labeled sata1 raid, sata2 raid, sata3 raid and sata4 raid. Can those be used as individual sata drives?

So if I plug 4 drives into those and run them as drive: C, D, E and F? and leave the regular black ones not used.
3 answers Last reply
More about sata raid connectors individual drives
  1. If it says SATA1raid and so, on these connections can be used for idividual drives but they most likely are controlled by a second drive controller and not the southbridge chip. You may have to check that this secondary controller is set to enabled in the BIOS and it may also have a type setting as well that needs to be set to SATA instead of RAID.
  2. The Setting / Mode you are looking for is called JBOD (just a bunch of disks). ...Seriously...
  3. Am also wanting 2 do the same thing as marekw.
    but i got a asus p5w board with sata1 sata3 sata4 ports,plus a sata_raid1 port and ez_raid1 and ez_raid2 port,as ov now i got my os on sata1.
    with sata3 and sata4 as backup drives.(sata3 films drive).(sata4 games drive).sata_raid1 is also a backup drive.(sata_raid1 music drive).and got ez_raid1 as a software drive,but if i plug a drive in the ez_raid2 port it doesnt show up at all,not even in the bios,i dont want 2 raid any ov them but would like 2 get the last 1 2 work as a individual drive.can anyone help me with this please.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus NAS / RAID File Server SATA Motherboards