Cant find a solution to this error

tinytimster

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
im having a problem with a system i just built using a thermaltake armor series full tower gigabyte 6 quad x48t-dq6 motherboard coolermaster 750 psu core 2 quad 2.4 cpu 2x diamond hd 3870 cards 8 gig of patriot 1333 ddr3 windows vista ultimate 64. now every so often i just a totally random blue screen dump i can be doing absolutely nothing and it happens i can be surfering the web or gaming on WoW. vista reports a compatibility problem and shows the ICH9 is the conflict and links the intel driver to download to resolve the issue i have done this dozens of times using there link and manually getting the file through intels site i have updated all my drivers chipset video and flashed the bios countless times they just reeased f5 a few days ago no resolution i will post the vista report following this, i really dont know what else to do here and dont know what the problem is so if someone could help me i would greatly appreciate it

Download and install the driver for Intel ICH9

This problem was caused by Intel ICH9, which was created by Intel Corporation.

Solution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download and install the driver for Intel ICH9 from the manufacturer's website:

Intel Corporation

Follow the directions on the manufacturer's website to install the driver for Intel ICH9.

this is one page there is also this page identifying the hardware id and this is beyond my knowledge

Description
Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_50011458&REV_02.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Architecture: x64
Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_50011458&REV_02
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 37128291

1. You should consider getting a better quality PSU. That CoolerMaster is sub par. I recommend Corsair and PP&C.

2. Have you increased RAM voltage? Usually you do need to increase RAM voltage.

3. Download and run Memtest86+ to check for RAM problems.

4. Are you sure you are using the x64 drivers, and ot the x86 drivers?

I don't know for sure where di the problem came from, just wanna add those which shadow703793 had suggested but first ignore num. 1 (PSU), altough I do agree, that corsair and PP&C are better, but I think your problem are not caused by your PSU..
1. You can try to reinstall your OS.
2. ICH9 message tells you that you have something wrong with your mobo onboard pheriperals. Try to find the source of problem also in your BIOS settings and/or try to find the suitable driver (num 4.).

tinytimster

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
the actual coolmaster one i got was recommended from toms hardware to be the most stable under stress tests and still hold its advertised numbers, i did increase the voltage to patriots listing i didnt use memtest86 i only used vistas memory test program and i showed was fine as far as the drivers go i have done them all over at least 6-7 times and i always get the 64 bit ones, one of the times i had a different problem because i accidentally clicked windows xp 64 bit driver by mistake and was easily fixed

tinytimster

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
and i also reinstalled 3 times =( starting from scratch using 2 gigs of ram for the install and using all 8 once i get the updates done, temps are not an issue i have 5 thermaltake multifunction fans i put in the case and recently installed the corsair dom ram fan, i will go check the bios and see if i can find anything and post back, i just got off the phone with gigabyte and they said sounds like there is a possible memory controller issue and suggest an RMA, id rather do everything in my power to solve this or at least prove that in fact there is something wrong with theboard before going that route

tinytimster

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
sorry i never posted back my problem ended up being 2/4 sticks of ram were bad, my first stick which ran memtest for 8 hours didnt get any errors til even further than that, also my hardrive was bad took me a while to find that after these things were fixed the so called "Compatibility problems that vista picked up were all gone