Sign in with
Your question

HP e9180t Overclocking

Last response: in Overclocking
September 8, 2009 12:04:47 AM

I was wondering if it is possible to overclock my Core i7 2.66 Processor in my HP e9180t machine. It has stock heatsink i was wondering if i could overclock it without a problem and if it would void the warranty. Also someone said something about they lock the bios so you cant do that? Any suggestions

More about : e9180t overclocking

September 8, 2009 1:24:44 AM

yeah usually the prebuit bs systems have locked out bios setting where you cannot change any good that will result in faster speed.

and yes any overclocking will result in void warranty. overclocking on stock cooler is never a good idea too. the processor will get really hot and you will have to monitor the temperatures.

someone else should suggest you some software that will allow for you to overclock the cpu in windows, rather than bios. amd platform has the AOD (overdrive). i'm not sure what intel has.
September 8, 2009 10:17:33 PM

Alright thanks for the info much appericated!
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 8, 2009 10:21:54 PM

You can use set FSB for intel OC while in windows.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b α HP
September 14, 2009 11:47:04 PM

Hi, I don't mean to steal the thread but I am in the same situation. Can you explain what you mean by "set FSB for intell OC" ? How can you do this? Is this safe to do with the i7 processor?
!