L2 Cache 2MB
Manufacturing Tech 45 nm
64 bit Support Yes
Thermal Design Power 65W
Cooling Device Heatsink and Fan included
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 3 years limited
Labor 3 years limited

Ok ive just bought this cpu after reading tomshardware "best gaming cpus 2009" section, and i cant find any overclocking reveiws or guides about this type of chip , if you got a overclocking / benchmark review for this chip id like to view it.

Any back to what im seeking here on tomshardware forums,

I heard wolfdale chips are very effient and good overclockers, i have air cooling but i got a coolermaster V10 with a coolermaster haf932 case and coolermaster 1250W psu with standing the pressure of my 3x 8800GTX's , now i am looking to find out what people have managed to get this chip to.

Remember this ant the old crappy duo version with 2.6ghz or the older version with 1.86ghz , this is the PENTIUM DUAL-CORE E6300 with 1066 fsb

i no my motherboard can go up to 1600fsb and even higher as it is a 780I asus deluxe and in cpu listing surported cpu's it shows the QX series with one labled @ 1600fsb , so i know i can go high and have 1066Mhz kingston memory.

and figures of what you guys managed please show, as i dont want to go over the top on this cpu , i just want that extra buck for cash performance , to enhance my windows 7 envirorment and gaming purposes, and no i dont want a i7 , not yet anyways :]
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 8, 2010 7:56:12 PM

Dude,

Just bought one of these and a gigabyte motherboard and it is running prime stable at 3800!!!!!!!!!! I COULD DO MORE!!!

This is a awesome chip, just done 3dmark test and it is kicking asses of chips retailing at 100 - 175 uk pounds.

Aftermarket cooling is a must, especially as Intel still classes the chip as a e series hence the dodgy little heat sink that comes with the chip!!!

One thing you will notice when doing oc is that the temp readings on each core will differ, dont worry bout this, when overclocking just use small increments, don't go berserk early on, like a hero and cook the cpu - as they say make love to it don't f**k it!!!!!

I did mine today v core is around 1.33v / fsb 380 / with a 10 multiplier! I might push further to reach to almighty 4ghz but then 1000ghz + oc on a 2800 chip is more than enough?!!!

Best of luck !
January 29, 2010 3:38:18 PM

Quote:
Dude,

Just bought one of these and a gigabyte motherboard and it is running prime stable at 3800!!!!!!!!!! I COULD DO MORE!!!

This is a awesome chip, just done 3dmark test and it is kicking asses of chips retailing at 100 - 175 uk pounds.

Aftermarket cooling is a must, especially as Intel still classes the chip as a e series hence the dodgy little heat sink that comes with the chip!!!

One thing you will notice when doing oc is that the temp readings on each core will differ, dont worry bout this, when overclocking just use small increments, don't go berserk early on, like a hero and cook the cpu - as they say make love to it don't f**k it!!!!!

I did mine today v core is around 1.33v / fsb 380 / with a 10 multiplier! I might push further to reach to almighty 4ghz but then 1000ghz + oc on a 2800 chip is more than enough?!!!

Best of luck !

Well i did some research on this chip and everyone seems to get it to 1600fsbx10muti @ 400 bus speed @ 4.0GHZ easy on stock cooling though i hav got anaftermarget cooling system (liquid)

got mine to 4.2ghZ easy and im only using 1.3625V ::D  on the pages i look @ they mostly use 1.4V :p  think i got a golden chip!

Anyways look on world overclocking database pentium E6300 wolfdale and you can see everyones scores and what this chip can realy hit!
!