Any Intel DP45SG users? I could use ur advise/help please

panozer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Hello
This is my first build, but so far it's not going too bad, except for 2 issues that kinda worry me.
During the startup I get 2 beeps, first one on the Intel logo screen (this is normal), and then another slightly longer beep right before Windows loading screen (this could be a problem). Anyone else getting that? I'm almost fully convinced that it's the RAM that's causing it.
I'm using Patriot memory DDR3 1333Mhz 7-7-7-20 1.7V, my latest bios (0093) SPD's it at 1066Mhz 7-7-7-20 1.5V.
Another issue (that I think is directly related to the first one) is "Physical Memory Dump" error that comes up as a blue screen and freezes my Windows, after which I have to reboot manually. I'm using Windows XP Pro 64bit edition.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
You passed Memtest 86+ at stock voltage. I would have said to raise the voltage to 1.7V, but you passed the RAM test. Maybe raise it anyway and see how it goes.

Full specs please.

gitamam

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
Dear friends,
i am also getting this During the startup I get 2 beeps, first one on the Intel logo screen , and then another slightly longer beep right before Windows loading screen

i need help!

my pc config:

mobo:dp45sg
processor:core 2 quad q9550 2.83ghz
graphics:xfx geforce 9600 gt
power:600watt cooler master (sli ready)

ram:transcend ddr3 / 1333mhz / (9-9-9) 2GB+2GB(total 4gb)

all 3d games crashes with start,checked all cables,updated graphics drivers,updated chipset,bios,xp updates-nothing helped me still crashing,,no problm found with wathching dvds,touching photos,encoding large files but only problem is graphics.

i checked xfx geforce 9600 gt with my old pc ,it is running fine there.no problem with hard disks all running fine.crashes continues in both xp sp3 32bit and vista sp1 ultimate 32 bit.

i asked intel support,they replayed that it should be ram that creating problems,they also said that to check with different ram.

please tell me whether transcend ddr3 1333mhz is creating problems,or any thing else creating this error.

i did memtest86 for 1 hour got no errors.

eJavierPeru

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I've got the same mainboard DP45SG, and every time I start it I get that two annoying beeps, wich make think that something is wrong. But indeed sometimes when Im playing (eg. NFS Undercover) my pc just freezes, I don't know why, I think it's my Video Card wich may not be compatible with it :(

my PC configuration is
Main Board DP45SG
Memory DD3 1333 Kingstom (1gb x2)
Processor Core2Quad Q6600 2.4
Video ATI Radeon HD 3650 (1gb DDR2)

please help!

scrumhalf

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
PTHartmann is right, you need to update the BIOS. 108 is the latest I believe, and it fixes some issues with 1.7V RAM. The DP45SG is very finicky when it comes to RAM. As far as the crashes, see if the BIOS update alleviates them. If not, you may need a fresh install of Windows.

cb_boarder

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009

I am getting similar problems. I get the two beeps but that is normal i think. I am also getting BSOD though. Different errors every time, usually relating somehow to memory. It doesnt record a dump file. My system also randomly powers off without warning, especially when playing games.
My system specs are:
xigmatek 750w power supply
dp45sg board
q9300 processor
mushkin em3-8500 2x2gb 7-7-7 memory
xfx geforce 9800gtx+ xxx graphics

I have eliminated drivers, 32 vs 64 bit os, windows updates, and bios from the equation. I tested my 12v rail voltage from the power supply and it is steady at 12.13v.

Mushkin says its likely the mobo or power supply but im still looking. I doubt it is a power supply issue since i am getting blue screens. I doubt that it is a memory issue since the system is shutting down by itself.

Its time to start testing replacements with it and find the culprit. If anybody has any solutions or advice let me know.

G

i have the same problems
i have kingston 2gbx2 kvr1333d3n9
i can't take it hearing those 2 beeps
what should i do????
any hope....