Windows Installer po up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeleng

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Hi all I am having the "Windows Installer" pop up very frequent. It is windows installer asking to set something which I do not understand something of a syntax lists. The problem appears after I mess up the Environment Variables. I have installed the ACA system restore software and it seem not compatible with my OS. They give instruction on how to divert back to the default folders path. I may make a mistake of it. I am not sure where the default path should be. What should I do to revert it back to the normal path. My OS. XP Pro.SP3. Thanks.

Solution
I wish to thank everyone who have responded to my question. Although it did not solved the problem, I appreciate your help rendered. To solve the problem I have make a decision to 'repair' XP. I noticed that after that the pop-up did not appeared again although what cause the problem remain a misery to me. I have to download all the windows updates it will be sometimes to complete it. Thanks everyone. I consider it solved.

cheeleng

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010

Thanks for your prompt reply. What are the things I am going to delete there are a lot of items listed.

It removes installation files. It's pretty safe, but if you would like me to review them, you could copy and paste the list, or post a screenshot.

It is advised though, that if you have office 2007, you not run this software. There are other utilities designed to cleanup those files.

cheeleng

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
I think I need some time to copy the long list as it is the list shown in the utility cannot be copy to note pad.

Herewith are the image I have taken:http://img638.imageshack.us/i/in1b.jpg/[img]
http://img96.imageshack.us/i/in2i.jpg/[/img]

cheeleng

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010

Thanks for your prompt reply. I just try and delete as mentioned, it did not solve the problem. I wonder what the windows installer is pointing to what, it did not have any error report but the syntax only. Well any further help from you all will be much appreciate.

cheeleng

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010

Try the items which I have deleted is gone but the pop up still appear. The thing is when you burn a dvd or when a download completed the same windows installer will pop up although it seem the work or open program works as normal. The thing I notice is the resource in the task manager increases. There are items in the list which I am not sure of it so I leave it as it is. Hoping to from you all for further instruction. Thanks.

cheeleng

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010

Thanks unfortunately "Installer information it is for 98/95 and will not run in windows NT". I could not able to try it out. When this windows installer pop up appear can it be check which application it is targeting. Anyway I will be looking further help from you all.

cheeleng

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
I wish to thank everyone who have responded to my question. Although it did not solved the problem, I appreciate your help rendered. To solve the problem I have make a decision to 'repair' XP. I noticed that after that the pop-up did not appeared again although what cause the problem remain a misery to me. I have to download all the windows updates it will be sometimes to complete it. Thanks everyone. I consider it solved.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.