Powercooler HD 4870 2100 SEK
Samsung 203N
Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB
Crucial DDR2 BallistiX TRACER 4GB
Xigmatek HDT-s1283
Samsung t220
Corsair 750TX Power Supply
Windows Vista 64 bit

I have put everything in the computer besides the hard drive becuase I can't figure out where it goes in the Cooler Master 690.

I am also having trouble figuring out what cables the fans, hard drive, DVD-CD Rom should be hooked up too. This CorsairPSU has like 10 cables and some of them aren't labeled and I went through the manuals like 10 times and have no clue which goes where.

I am at work now but can post pictures later tonight...If anyone can somehow help out, maybe explain what cables go into the HD, Fans, DVD-CD rom that would be awesome because I want to finish this build tonight.

I am a noob I know...I will give rep if this forum has rep to anyone who helps out!

Thank you

This part is fairly easy.
The hard drives go into these parts.

cooler_master_cm_690_15_thumb.jpg

Located at the bottom right of your case.

cooler_master_cm_690_11_thumb.jpg

The hard drive installation is another feature that caught my eye. Keeping with the tool-less design, no screws are needed, but some are included if you rather use them over the standard parts. The hard drive is put in and kept into place with four plastic pegs that should do a decent job at minimizing noise. It may be hard to get the drive in at first, but it'll fit.

The Hd and DVD drive should take SATA power plugs

sata15pin.jpg

and SATA drive cables.

SATA_Cable.jpg

They should be installed like this.

t01620030501pxp102_B.jpg

The other side of the SATA drive cables should be plugged into the motherboard's SATA ports.

p6ngm_sata.jpg

The fans should be hooked up to your motherboards fan headers

4pin.jpg

or molex plugs, depending on the type of fan.

tutorial-4pin_molex_power_conn.jpg

Hopefully this points you in the right direction.
I you have any other problems, just drop a post.

The hard drive installs inside the drive caddy. Data and power cables are on the open back side of the caddy.
hddtray_small.jpg
hddtrayfilled_small.jpg

The finished result should look something like this (take the far side case panel off to hook up SATA power and data cables)
attachment.php

mbpsuinst.jpg

Zip tie the unused power cables and stuff them into one of the unused drive bays (with the drive caddy removed)

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
WoW thanks both of you guys..It helps a lot with pictures. I'm still at work but should be home in about 2 hours to test this out but one more question quick is the cable for the fans, it has that plug-in like the picture above...The white plastic with 4 big silver spikes or whatever you call it that go somewhere into the motherboard...BUT...that cable is also detachable and when you detach it the plugin is a little smaller and goes somewhere else on the motherboard... I don't know if this makes sense but basically does it matter which plugin I use on the motherboard for the fan? big or small?=

if this doesn't make sense ill take pictures when I get home.

Thanks again!

Connect the molex (4 pin) to the power supply and the smaller connection to the motherboard, if it has one wire only.
If the smaller connection has 3 wires, either connect that to the motherboard or connect the molex (4 pin) to the power supply.
Hope I am understanding you right.

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Ok I think I got the hard drive and CD DVD drive connected properly...Quick question, does this board only have 4 SATA/ATA connectors? As in you could basically only have 4 HD's?

I'm going to add a picture of this fan thingy because it's hard to explain.

No, it has 6 SATA ports and 1 PATA port.
Total internal drives supported is 8.

motherboard_productimage_ga-x48-ds4_1.3_big.jpg

As for attaching pictures, fairly easy.
Insert the image URL into your post, highlight it and press the image button at the top of the window.
As an example, paste
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/Image/motherboard_productimage_ga-x48-ds4_1.3_big.jpg
Select the text you pasted and press this button
image.gif

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Hey I figured it out and turned the computer on and everything turns on (haven't tested with monitor) but I noticed one thing, the processor fan turns on and spins and then it turns off again after about 2-3 seconds, but the rest of the computer is on (case fans) memory, board, video card...It's just the processor fan...

It's off right now because I don't want to run it without a fan...But I do have it plugged into the CPU fan port on the board so I don't know what the prob could be. Anyone know?

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I just tried to plug the CPU fan into a different socket on the motherboard and now it works....But now I'm getting no screen.

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Yeah I have to PCI-E connectors going to the video card. Screen says CHECK VIDEO DISPLAY. There are 3 red lights on on the video card, and the fan is spinning on the vid card....

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
How do i know if the hard drive is working properly. Check Singal Display is the error I'm getting still I'm wondering if the HDD has to do with it.

Check and make sure that the GPU is properly seated in the PCIe slot nearest the CPU.
Also double check that the PCIe power plugs are correctly seated.
Either your GPU is not getting enough power or it is not seated correctly.

Also, did you visually confirm that the CPU fan stops spinning?
When you first boot the system it can spin at 100% then throttle down to a more reasonable speed. This is 100% normal.