Bluetooth discovery won\'t turn on in xp pro SP3. I have installed microsoft sta

angry

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Bluetooth discovery won\'t turn on in xp pro SP3. I have installed microsoft stack. Information in device manager states that the device is working properly. The phone is a Nokia 5230. It is set to on and discoverable to all. When I go into Bluetooth devices and under devices I click add. It tries to find the device and cant. Under options everything is checked excepy turn discovery on. I check this and try to apply all. However it comes back with an error message stating it cant connect and won\'t accept the discovery on option. Under com ports, there is nothing. I clicked add port and it accepts. Even with this checked discovery wont stay on. On the remaining hardware tab in bluetooth devices Microsoft enumerator and radio are visable and under their properties both are working. Why can\'t I connect?

LattePlatte

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
Reinstalling all Bluetooth files and installing the last version to see what happens seems to good way for me.
Sometimes my bluetooth devices makes same thing. I check its services in services.msc to activate if it's not working that time. You can also check bluetooth services in it. Maybe you just did skip a part of it.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Another possibility - are you a Limited User Account in that system? If so the system is protecting itself from having Bluetooth made discoverable. Try again in a User Account with Administator privileges.

angry

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010

I unstalled and installed many times but it still doesn't turn on. The Bluetooth support in services.msc is started and set to automatic.

Still won't work.

angry

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010

I am administrator, so this is not the problem. I have spent many hours Googling this and it seems that hundreds of people have the same problem. I tryed Microsoft support and nobody seems to have the answer.

angry

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Under the hardware tab is Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and Microsoft Bluetooth Radio. Under Comm Ports there is nothing. I did add an incoming port, Com 3 and this didn't solve the problem. I tryed to add an outgoing port. It browsed and couldnt find one. Under Options all the checkboxes are ticked bar the Turn On Discovery. When I check this box, I can't apply it. Under Devises there is nothing. When I click on add, it shows another page with a checkbox (My Device is Setup and Ready to be Found) I check this and it goes looking for a device and fails to find on. The device I am trying to connect is a Nokia 5230 Mobile Phone. Bluetooth is set to on and discoverable to all in its settings.

Is case you wish to know about Hardware in Device Manager. Both Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and Microsoft Bluetooth Radio are both there. There is no yellow symbol indicating that they are not installed properly. I opened up the Bluetooth Radios properties and it indicates that the device is working properly. Lastly, I checked with Microsoft Support and there is no solution listed there.

If you can solve this problem, you will make hundreds of Googlers very happy, especially me.

tana_96

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

Did u got the solution now?