Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xfootdoctor

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
ASUS crosshair II vs ASUS M3N-HT

they both look great but I don't really know which one to get

they both have good add ons in them

I can tell that crosshair is slightly better but worth it?

please give me your opinions on the boards

also the sound card on crosshair II good?
I was planning on getting the Creative SoundBlaster Xtreme Gamer card
but, do you guys think the card is up to par with the xtreme gamer?
because if it is then I will def get crosshair so I don't need a sound card

jaco2d

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
Hi i have the M3n-ht deluxe board and i did have a bit of a problem trying to run achi mode in windows xp

My dvd drive icon didnt show so i couldnt use the dam thing but i think that many boards have the same problem with xp, if you plan to run vista you will have no problems running this mode

As for the performance between the two boards, well its not all that different, the crosshair is a bit faster with beenchmarks but i wouldnt say its noticable when gaming or running applications

Both boards have simular bios and with the m3n-ht you get loads of options to overclock and tweak the ram and cpu

I would recomend the m3n-ht as im verry happy with mine, its also future proof as it should take the new X4 Deneb processors that are comming out any time now

Have a look on Asus forums and it will give you a better idea about what people have said about the 2 boards

If you do get the m3n-ht and are planning to run a Phenom processor you will need a dual core processor to update the bios to version 1401 as the board comes with a outdated bios 0702

Thats the only bad thing i can say about the board but its easily fixed

Hope this helps ;)