Upgrading Case...too what ?!

alexisuber

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
well ive desided i need to upgrade the case, thinking of full tower, something easy to work with, and with good cooling. My current is good, system temps around 35 and cpu went down to 23~C after getting this zalman fan.

Also I want to make sure its a quiet Case too, because my pc is in my room and sometimes i leave it on during the night, so i don't want no jet engine fans that will give me a headache

right now ive narrowed it down to

Thermaltake Armor Series
Antec Twelve Hundred
maybe COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 (price :\)
which one of those would be the best ?

here is pic of my current set up

IMG_1153.jpg

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I looked the Antec 1200 in person. I really liked it. I kinda wanted to upgrade my Antec 900 to that, but decided to stick with my case awhile.

If it were me, that's the way I'd go. I liked the extra fans, the cooling, the fan filters, the fan adjustments on the outside, the wiring holes (which it looks like you may need ;) ).

The other cases are nice too. Good luck.

I like the Antec Twelve Hundred too. In fact, I went to Fry's Electronics to buy one. Then I saw the CoolerMaster 932 HAF. I liked it so much I bought one. It's a really huge case with great ventilation, large 230mm fans, mountings for a bunch of extra 120mm and 140mm fans, lots of flexibilty, and excellent cable management.

Avenger_K

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160

I was going to suggest that one myself.

andrewcc

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
I've got an armour (the orignal one, not the newer version), and I really like it a lot. It's as solid as a brick (I've got the steel, not the aluminum) and it just looks nice. There's lots of places inside to stash wires and whatnot, and it's really easy to work in. My temps are a little lower than yours, but that might be a factor of location more than anything else, as I have the same CPU fan.

So, short answer is that I'd vote for the armour. I've not seen a 1200 in person, but my friend has a 900 and my personal opinion is that armour is constructed better and is just nicer in general. Your mileage may vary though.