Why I can't attack overts ?

I'm covert rebel, and many times I've seen that overt imps are attacking
overt rebels it's ok, but also I've seen covert rebels are attacking overt
imps. How can they do that ? In the ring menu I have no the attack option,
only examine.... Even my covert rebel friend can attack those overt imps. Of
course I am rebel, warrant officer II....

"Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message
> The covert Rebs that you see attacking overt Imps, are gTEF'd. Or,
obtained
> a TEF, from an NPC and were attacked by the overt first.

Yeah, that. To expand on it, there is only one way that a covert can
attack an overt first. If that covert is grouped with somebody who gets
attacked by the overt (the G in GTEF stands for Group - TEF is Temporary
Enemy Flag). If you are covert, you can be attacked first by an overt
if you have a TEF. You can get TEFs either from:

- Trading with an overt/TEF of the same faction
- Healing an overt/TEF of the same faction
- Attacking an NPC of the opposite faction
- Entering a base of the opposite faction (forward outpost, etc... the
ones the players drop)
- Getting to close to a dish turret of the opposite faction
- Getting to close to a minefield of the opposite faction (I think you
need to set a mine off)

Hope that helps.

- Oalan

How about if I am a rebel covert, and I see that the imp covert is doing his
imp mission killing rebel NPCs. Can I attack this imp? Cause I was try, and
can't.

Charlie

> In short, no. You are COVERT. Hence, cannot attack anyone. If Ganking,
is
> your main thing...perhaps you should be an Imp. They love ganking tef'd
> rebs at theme parks, etc.... bleh............

/laff

I absolutely love hearing people complain about being TEF killed. You chose
to join a faction. You chose to attack a faction NPC to improve your
standing and rank. Along comes someone who is overt and takes you out. If
you do not want to wait a few minutes for your TEF to go away, then you take
your chances of getting *ganked* as you put it.

--
Maestro Sartori <TGU>
Captain, Imperial Army, Tarquinas

Zacharias <TGU>
Imperial Lance Corporal, Tarquinas
Master Artisan, Master Weaponsmith, Merchant 4444

Narcisse Barbarossa <TGU>
Neutral, Tarquinas
Master Musician and Master Doctor
Personal Buff Wh*re

--
A: Top Posters
Q: What's the most irritating thing on Usenet?

> /laff
>
> I absolutely love hearing people complain about being TEF killed. You
chose
> to join a faction. You chose to attack a faction NPC to improve your
> standing and rank. Along comes someone who is overt and takes you out.
If
> you do not want to wait a few minutes for your TEF to go away, then you
take
> your chances of getting *ganked* as you put it.
>
> --
Typical Imperial moron, funny how much they complain when you TEF in to
attack or defend a faction base though.

Ofim Fote
Chilastra
WS/TKM/Fencer

Charlie

"Big Wing Nut!!!" <m-s@fixapic.net> wrote in message

> > /laff
> >
> > I absolutely love hearing people complain about being TEF killed. You
> chose
> > to join a faction. You chose to attack a faction NPC to improve your
> > standing and rank. Along comes someone who is overt and takes you out.
> If
> > you do not want to wait a few minutes for your TEF to go away, then you
> take
> > your chances of getting *ganked* as you put it.
> >
> > --
> Typical Imperial moron, funny how much they complain when you TEF in to
> attack or defend a faction base though.

No where in my post did I complain about people deliberately TEFing to
attack or defend a base. As far as I'm concerned if you attack an NPC at a
faction base, you just open yourself up to be shot at first. Unless you
group TEF. In that case, you're the moron.