Start up

I just want the computer to start without clicking the administrator icon. No
one else uses the computer and am not worried about security at home.
--
Greg
2 answers Last reply

    Hi

    Download TweakUI from
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx and
    when installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
    Logon>Autologon
    --

    Will Denny
    MS MVP Windows Shell/User

    "greg21" <gregbilser@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I just want the computer to start without clicking the administrator icon.
    >No
    > one else uses the computer and am not worried about security at home.
    > --
    > Greg

    Hi Greg,

    Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
    click ok. In the user list, click on the user that you want to be the
    default. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok
    and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "greg21" <gregbilser@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I just want the computer to start without clicking the administrator icon.
    >No
    > one else uses the computer and am not worried about security at home.
    > --
    > Greg

Security Computers Microsoft Windows XP