Start up

a b 8 Security
August 28, 2005 4:29:01 PM

I just want the computer to start without clicking the administrator icon. No
one else uses the computer and am not worried about security at home.
--
Greg

More about : start

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 29, 2005 12:46:16 AM

Hi

Download TweakUI from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/... and
when installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
Logon>Autologon
--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"greg21" <gregbilser@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just want the computer to start without clicking the administrator icon.
>No
> one else uses the computer and am not worried about security at home.
> --
> Greg
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 29, 2005 1:46:57 AM

Hi Greg,

Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
click ok. In the user list, click on the user that you want to be the
default. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok
and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone