MSI 975x board- My USB drives arent responding

mooby555

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2008
I have the MSI 975x platinum power up motherboard and it has worked fine for over a year. I had my mouse, keyboard, and MP3 player connected to my computer. I then connected a USB flash drive and it said a power surge has occurred on the port (as it usualy does when I connect more than one thing to my front USB drives) and then all the USB ports stopped working and haven't worked since.

I have USB ports activated in BIOS menu and have flashed to the newest version available. I have a sufficient power supply. (700W i think).

Should I try uninstalling my USB drives from device manager? I am hesitant to do that because there are no USB drivers on my motherboard CD.

Trossiter

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
I have exactly the same problem with the same motherboard. the Microsoft Performance team have been working with me for 3 days and cannot resolve the issue. I am sending my motherboard back for RMA as I do not know what else to do. I have installed Vista and XP from scratch and have had to rebuild the entire hard disk with no luck.

I am told that the motherboard is under warranty for 3 years from MSI.