Powercooler HD 4870 2100 SEK
Samsung 203N
Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB
Crucial DDR2 BallistiX TRACER 4GB
Xigmatek HDT-s1283
Samsung t220
Corsair 750TX Power Supply
Windows Vista 64 bit

I have the Ati 4870 and it just displays No Signal on my 22" T220 Monitor... I have tried using a different pCI slot, I have tried taking the ram out, I have tried pretty much removing everything and putting back on...I just keep getting the same error on the display...

The fans and lights turn on...Their are 3 red lights that turn on on the card itself...I don't know if they should be red or green but yeah.

Any suggestions? I am ready to smash this thing with a hammer =\

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I have tested 2 different monitors, I have tested VGA and DVI. I haven't reset motherboard because the battery won't come loose so I can't...

Happened to me with one of my builds. Once i unplugged the moniter from my DVI/VGA adaptor and put everything back in, it worked again.

Don't know about the red lights though...I'll check when I get of work (although someone will beat me to it.).

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Yeah I have two 6 pin power connectors plugged in. I have tested 4 different ones and it does nothing. I just took the board battery out for 5 minutes and put it back in and that did nothing. I took out the ram and tested ram in all different spots, I pulled cables out and put them back in...Nothing will get these 3 red lights to go away...I have a 750Watt power supply it should be enough!

I'm running out of ideas.

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Yeah I have tested it out on both PCI slots...But I have not blown on the slot..I will test that now...........lol? I'm getting pretty annoyed.. =\

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
No hair! Could it be that the fan is running to slow because I just looked at it and it's running at a ridiculously slow speed...I've heard they do that stock but I mean this is pretty damn slow. Maybe it thinks it will overheat so it doesn't want to start. Thing is, there is no way I can change this since I can't get a display...

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Thing is I just moved out of country 5 months ago and I know nobody here that has an extra PCI card..Well two but both are vacation for the next 3 weeks... I'm really thinking it could be the fan speed but then again, are they all set to be this slow? how do other people boot them up?

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Either the card or maybe my PSU is faulty? I did ride my bike with it in my backpack from the post office in a box...But that shouldn't harm it or?

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Yeah I actually built this thing in my underwear on a wooden table...However I did not have my pSu connected at the time...It was basically just the case itself right out of the box that I used to ground.. lol ..But then again I didn't touch any clothes or couch or basically anything that would give me any energy. Do you think it's screwed?

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
LoL.....Power cable for CPU? I don't remember doing that...I will go check...If this is the problem I will never return to these forums :p

bmwm3oz

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Ok well I'm kind of confused because do you mean under the CPU fan? Because I can't take the CPU fan off for the life of me, one of the little screw things are stuck...But do i need to take the CPu fan off? Or are you asking if I have the CPU fan hooked up?

Kari

Splendid
win-x48ds4.jpg

top right... right next to those vrm heatsinks

rgsaunders

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007
I figured having him reseed the power connections would eliminate that problem along with a few others.

To avoid future confusion on your posts, please note that the term is "re-seat" not "reseed".
definition: seat - To fix firmly in place - from Old English "gesete"