e6850
2 x evga 8800 gtx
4gb ram (4x1gb)
500gb hd
abit in9 x32max
no OC

my system is built into a pc3-724 water cooling case with 3/8ID
the loop

radiator/pump/resivor ->flow meter ->cpu -> splitter 1)drain 2)120mm second raidator -> Splitter to 1/4ID both) to video -> splitter 3/8ID -> back to radiator/pump/resivor

NOW THE PROBLEM.

My pc would not post, the post code was for a bios/chipset error.
i changed the bios chip and now i get a A0
i did some research and found that is chipset damage.

so i have to replace my mobo.

i really do not want this to happen again. so i decided to i needed to water cool the north bridge, south bridge and the voltage regulator, possibily even the ram and hard drive

how should i set up this loop?

i am afraid that the pump might not be able to handle the load

Should i add a second pump?
Should i run a seperate loop?

thank you

G

the pump should handle it... but the loop would be reservoir - pump - radiator - flow meter - cpu - north bridge/south bridge - northbridge/ southbridge....

btw only w/c the nb will provide ANY benefit

and w/c the ram/HDD is completely pointless

and you probably won't damage the new board w/o doing any of ^ that stuff...

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
It's not recommended to remove the heatpipe coolers unless you add cooling to the MOSFETS and southbridge as well as the northbridge chip. Now you don't have to watercool all of these, a replacement finned heat sink or heatsink with a fan can be used on the southbridge and you can also find MOSFET heat sinks as well. But do not remove the heatpipe without replacing the cooling solution on the other two after adding your watercooling to the northbridge.

I agree with thogrom on it being pointless to watercool your hard drives but watercooling the RAM is great if you can afford it and would like to do some overclocking.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
How did you change the BIOS chip? You mean you flashed the BIOS, or what? I agree with the above, installing that setup has nothing to do with no posting...it is either hardware failure (maybe yanking off the chipset coolers separated a trace or something?) but the waterloop itself wouldn't cause it. If it failed to cool, it should just shut down on you, anyway.

DDR2 and DDR3 doesn't really get that hot to warrant waterblocks, but if you feel the need...ok. A RAM cooler with fans would work fine for less cost and won't hurt the flow.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835704001

Hard drive coolers? No need to watercool those either, unless you don't have ANY fans moving air...120mm fans are far cheaper than a $50 HHD waterblock...and probably more effective.

NB waterblock...good idea if you want to OC, a decent heatsink/fan combo works well otherwise.

SB...I guess if you have money to burn...heatsink/fan at most here.

Voltage reglators? If there weren't heatsinks on them before, no. If you removed them because of the heatpiped coolers, at least get some heatsinks to put back on...and no, you can't just cut them apart from the heatpiped ones you took off.

What pump are you running?

Don't split to 1/4"...