How to run a batch file upon logging off

Hello. I have a batch file which backs up about 500kb of data to floppy
disk.

What I want is to make this batch file run automatically whenever I log
off my user account. I did not see a Task Scheduler option for what I
want to do (did I miss it?). Your help is appreciated!

upon searching this forum for \"task run log off\", i was informed that
\"the following words are either very common, too long, or too short and
were not included in your search: run, log, off\". so, i figured i could
not go wrong listing this question among \"the basics.\"

--
domvex
13 answers Last reply

    Pro onlCreate a logoff script, add it to the group policy editor (start/run
    gpedit.msc). Add to User Config/Windows Settings/scripts.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "domvex" <domvex.1uhzpn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Hello. I have a batch file which backs up about 500kb of data to floppy
    > disk.
    >
    > What I want is to make this batch file run automatically whenever I log
    > off my user account. I did not see a Task Scheduler option for what I
    > want to do (did I miss it?). Your help is appreciated!
    >

    > upon searching this forum for \"task run log off\", i was informed that
    > \"the following words are either very common, too long, or too short and
    > were not included in your search: run, log, off\". so, i figured i could
    > not go wrong listing this question among \"the basics.\"
    >

    > --
    > domvex

    That should start:

    Pro only: Create.....

    --

    "" wrote:
    > Hello. I have a batch file which backs up about 500kb of data
    > to floppy
    > disk.
    >
    > What I want is to make this batch file run automatically
    > whenever I log
    > off my user account. I did not see a Task Scheduler option for
    > what I
    > want to do (did I miss it?). Your help is appreciated!
    >

    > upon searching this forum for "task run log off", i was
    > informed that
    > "the following words are either very common, too long, or too
    > short and
    > were not included in your search: run, log, off". so, i
    > figured i could
    > not go wrong listing this question among "the basics."
    >

    > --
    > domvex

    What operating system are you using?

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-run-batch-file-logging-ftopict414616.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1381433

    Commodore Business Machines Disk Operating System.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:3_1381433_40e09dbdd96dedf72328cc426fa659d5@windowsforumz.com,
    Sparda <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:
    > "" wrote:
    > > Hello. I have a batch file which backs up about 500kb of data
    > > to floppy
    > > disk.
    > >
    > > What I want is to make this batch file run automatically
    > > whenever I log
    > > off my user account. I did not see a Task Scheduler option for
    > > what I
    > > want to do (did I miss it?). Your help is appreciated!
    > >

    > > upon searching this forum for "task run log off", i was
    > > informed that
    > > "the following words are either very common, too long, or too
    > > short and
    > > were not included in your search: run, log, off". so, i
    > > figured i could
    > > not go wrong listing this question among "the basics."
    > >

    > > --
    > > domvex
    >
    > What operating system are you using?

    > request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
    > Topic URL:

    http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-run-batch-file-logging-ftopict414616.html

    <lmao>

    --

    > Commodore Business Machines Disk Operating System.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:3_1381433_40e09dbdd96dedf72328cc426fa659d5@windowsforumz.com,
    > Sparda <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> "" wrote:
    >> > Hello. I have a batch file which backs up about 500kb of data
    >> > to floppy
    >> > disk.
    >> >
    >> > What I want is to make this batch file run automatically
    >> > whenever I log
    >> > off my user account. I did not see a Task Scheduler option for
    >> > what I
    >> > want to do (did I miss it?). Your help is appreciated!
    >> >

    >> > upon searching this forum for "task run log off", i was
    >> > informed that
    >> > "the following words are either very common, too long, or too
    >> > short and
    >> > were not included in your search: run, log, off". so, i
    >> > figured i could
    >> > not go wrong listing this question among "the basics."
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > domvex
    >>
    >> What operating system are you using?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    >> request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
    >> Topic URL:
    >>
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-run-batch-file-logging-ftopict414616.html
    >> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
    >> http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1381433

    :-D

    In news:%23XUS9mPrFHA.908@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Rick "Nutcase" Rogers <rick@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
    > <lmao>
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    >> Commodore Business Machines Disk Operating System.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:3_1381433_40e09dbdd96dedf72328cc426fa659d5@windowsforumz.com,
    >> Sparda <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:

    >>> What operating system are you using?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    >>> request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
    >>> standards Topic URL:

    http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-run-batch-file-logging-ftopict414616.html
    >>> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
    >>> http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1381433

    Hi Sharon,

    <ROTFL>

    I had that as a screensaver for a while. I couldn't type
    anything at the prompt, so I got rid of it. :-D

    http://www.kephyr.com/c64screensaver/

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OxX1q3WrFHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> hunted and pecked:

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:15:45 -0600, Wesley Vogel wrote:

    > Hi Sharon,
    >
    > <ROTFL>
    >
    > I had that as a screensaver for a while. I couldn't type
    > anything at the prompt, so I got rid of it. :-D
    >
    > http://www.kephyr.com/c64screensaver/

    Hey, didn't know about that screensaver. Can imagine succumbing to the urge
    to type at the prompt. Too funny! :)

    The image I posted was sent to me by a friend (a fellow commodore user). If
    you look closely you'll see the VIC versions are different. 2.0 for the
    screensaver (I think that was the last version out) and 1.1 on the image I
    have. Regardless, the nostalgia factor is definitely "there" in both the
    screensaver and the image.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    I was just joking, but the cursor actually blinks in the screensaver. It
    could be tempting. ;-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23WkC7XYrFHA.3796@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:37:37 -0600, Wesley Vogel wrote:

    > I was just joking, but the cursor actually blinks in the screensaver. It
    > could be tempting. ;-)

    I figured you were, Wes. Still got a giggle imagining the blinking cursor
    and the urge to that visual invitation to type. Spent hours and hours
    typing little programs on that system. "Little"=5 hours of typing to watch
    a bouncing ball on the screen. 10 if you wanted to do anything useful. ;)

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Hi Sharon,

    I hate it when I see a Print Scrn of a Windows item. I can't tell you
    how many times I have actually clicked on the wrong [X] trying to close
    something.

    Reminds me of the old practical joke of copying someone's Desktop to Paint.
    Then opening the picture and hiding, waiting for someone to try clicking on
    something.

    I just did it to myself. I set up a slide show with just the one picture of
    my Desktop. I had forgotten how real this looks. <LOL> You have to be
    fairly observant to notice the five buttons in the upper right hand corner
    that appear if you move your mouse.

    I have never tried this on anyone, but I can't wait . If I can almost fool
    myself, this has got to be hoot pulling it on someone else.

    <ROTFL> Simple minds are easily amused.

    I know that there are other clues as to what is going on, but....<ROTFL>

    I hope that somebody who never heard of this before reads this and tries it.

    Gotta send this, I'm laughing too hard.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23H36UHdrFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:19:23 -0600, Wesley Vogel wrote:

    > <ROTFL> Simple minds are easily amused.

    And on some days my mind is simpler than others. ;)

    To quote, ummm, you!
    Keep having fun!
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Oh, I am!

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eLKNw7irFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> hunted and pecked:
    > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:19:23 -0600, Wesley Vogel wrote:
    >
    >> <ROTFL> Simple minds are easily amused.
    >
    > And on some days my mind is simpler than others. ;)
    >
    > To quote, ummm, you!
    > Keep having fun!
    > --
    > Sharon F