Most stable Quad Core, 8MB motherboard???

trpltongue

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Hi all,

I've been reading this site for a number of years now, but have recently been out of touch with regards to computer building (haven't built a rig in 2 years). I'm looking to build a new workstation for video editing / encoding. Absolutely no gaming. So, I want to buy the most stable motherboard and matching 8GB of RAM for my Q6600 processor.

This system has to be 99.9% reliable as it is for business use and downtime means lost money. There will be no overclocking necessary and really no frills necessary. I don't mind spending money, but I need the most stable motherboard available.

Any help?

Thanks all,

Russell

trpltongue

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Thanks VoodooDan!

I should probably edit this post though, because I've talked myself into waiting for the i7 processors and motherboards :)

Kaldor

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
If you are going to mostly video work an i7 is exactly what you need. Benchmarks thus far show the i7 is really good for it. But be prepared to shell out the moneys.

trpltongue

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Yeah, I'm going to wait a month or 2 until some of the less expensive motherboards come out so that at least I will only be paying a premium for the chip and not the board with a ton of useless (to me) features.