el_loco_avs

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Two days ago while just using the internet my computer froze. When I rebooted nothing really happened. Fans are on, hard drives made a little noise like usual and then nothing, a blank screen. In fact the monitor indicated it did not get any signal.

I've by now disconnected/removed everything and only have the monitor plugged into the mobo and the diffrent powerlines to mobo and fans. Still no signal.
I bought this mobo 13 months ago after the last one failed. It seems this one has also failed after being fine all along (apart from some stability issues last spring... those disappeared after a cleaning though!). At least, I think I can deduce that the mobo is broken if I am not mistaken. Are there any tests i can do without a diffrent PSU? I don't have easy access to one.

System contains:
Asus A8V-VM SE (939 socket)
AMD 64 3200+
Enlight GPS-350EB-102 PSU
Asus geforce 6800LM
SB Live!
1gb DDR 400

Should I just get a new mobo? I think upgrading the CPU would be pretty much mandatory by now right?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice :)
-Jarno

toosober

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
You would need to upgrade your motherboard, cpu and memory. I as well went through a number of A8V boards, I switched to Gigabyte since.

el_loco_avs

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007

Hm you had multiple die on you?

And i forgot yeah, upgrading the memory would be a good idea, probabyl 2gb of ddr2 I think.

el_loco_avs

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007

I meant to get DDR2 if I get a new mobo.

Man, I don't just wanna but a new PSU if it's not broken. :-/