No display 8800gtx (i think its the motherboard not sure)

just_in

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Hello I few weeks ago i got watter all over the inside of my computer (sister left the dogs watter bowl by it and it was open it spild all over the inside) Its been runing fine up intel now. When i turn it on thier is no display. If i keep tunring it off and on for a while it will display and start up and every thing. I know its not the graphic card because i switch the 8800gtx for a 8600gt and still no display. I know its not my AMD 6000 because i switch it for a 4600 and i dont think its my monitor because when i start it up it doseint even make the windows vista login in sound. You know how when you first start up your computer you only have to hold the power buttion for 1 sec to turn it off well i have to hold it for 5 sec when thier is no display. Could this be a virus do you think its my motherboard? Iv tryed pluging strait in to the motherboards display but nothing. I think its my motherboard but im not sure. I dont have any speakers to listen if my pc beeps are any thing. When i get the display every thing is grate and the computer runs to its full potintial.

Vista Ultimat 64bit
8800gtx
4gb OC patriot gold
AMD AM2 6000+

fastforward

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
hey hey i have d same problem!!! my pc oso start up with no start up tone and no display and cant even enter d window!!
worst still, when i switch on d pc, d fan turn for 1 second then it stops...if i leave it on for some time,say half an hour...d fan will start working... :fou:
help~can somebody tel me wats wrong wif my pc...is it motherboard problem? :cry:
d same thing as just_in,i have to start up quite a few times for d pc to run everything normally...oh yea everything run perfectly normal after i just reformat d pc (coz at 1st i suspected tat its due to microsoft virus)...but this last i think for few days only...

AMD turion 64 X2

can somebody tel me how to fix it?? thanx and appreciate very much