Intel PC Camera help

I'm trying to install Intel Create & Share Software and
it won't because it has found some trace of Intel Video
Phone software on my system. I've done deep searches and
removed Intel from everywhere I can think of. Program
Files, Add/Remove Programs, Registry (HKEY Current User
and HKEY Local Machine). Anybody have specific experience
with this unfortunately obsolete, non-manufacturer-
supported device, or a reference to an article or to a
newsgroup? Thanks.
--
William B. Lurie
6 answers Last reply

    Bill i've used this web cam for years (mines the YR76) but have never
    bothered using the software. it never worked for me anyway.
    Every time i re-install XP windows automatically picks up the YR76 web cam
    without any problem. It works okay with messenger and netmeeting. it is also
    available from the camera and scanner option in control panel.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
    either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
    reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
    direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
    of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..

    <billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to install Intel Create & Share Software and
    > it won't because it has found some trace of Intel Video
    > Phone software on my system. I've done deep searches and
    > removed Intel from everywhere I can think of. Program
    > Files, Add/Remove Programs, Registry (HKEY Current User
    > and HKEY Local Machine). Anybody have specific experience
    > with this unfortunately obsolete, non-manufacturer-
    > supported device, or a reference to an article or to a
    > newsgroup? Thanks.
    > --
    > William B. Lurie

    Thank you, John. Mine is the CS330.....I tried Scanners and Cameras and
    it grabbed it right away. I'll play with it to see if it will MSN
    Messenger, and how I can change the characters. Wow! Maybe I can
    deep six the Intel software. But I'd still like to know how to find
    and delete the vestigial Video Phone files or keys or whatever.

    John Barnett MVP wrote:

    > Bill i've used this web cam for years (mines the YR76) but have never
    > bothered using the software. it never worked for me anyway.
    > Every time i re-install XP windows automatically picks up the YR76 web cam
    > without any problem. It works okay with messenger and netmeeting. it is also
    > available from the camera and scanner option in control panel.

    MSN Messenger 7 and 7.5 see the camera fine. Lower versions do not.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    > Thank you, John. Mine is the CS330.....I tried Scanners and Cameras and
    > it grabbed it right away. I'll play with it to see if it will MSN
    > Messenger, and how I can change the characters. Wow! Maybe I can
    > deep six the Intel software. But I'd still like to know how to find
    > and delete the vestigial Video Phone files or keys or whatever.
    >
    > John Barnett MVP wrote:
    >
    >> Bill i've used this web cam for years (mines the YR76) but have never
    >> bothered using the software. it never worked for me anyway.
    >> Every time i re-install XP windows automatically picks up the YR76 web
    >> cam without any problem. It works okay with messenger and netmeeting. it
    >> is also available from the camera and scanner option in control panel.

    I also have a CS330 as well as a YR76 and a Logitec zoom. I use the logitec
    now but bothe the YR76 and the CS330 worked fine for me. I never install the
    software, only the drivers. Most of the software is useless anyway.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org

    The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
    either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
    reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
    direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
    of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..

    <billurie@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > Thank you, John. Mine is the CS330.....I tried Scanners and Cameras and
    > it grabbed it right away. I'll play with it to see if it will MSN
    > Messenger, and how I can change the characters. Wow! Maybe I can
    > deep six the Intel software. But I'd still like to know how to find
    > and delete the vestigial Video Phone files or keys or whatever.
    >
    > John Barnett MVP wrote:
    >
    >> Bill i've used this web cam for years (mines the YR76) but have never
    >> bothered using the software. it never worked for me anyway.
    >> Every time i re-install XP windows automatically picks up the YR76 web
    >> cam without any problem. It works okay with messenger and netmeeting. it
    >> is also available from the camera and scanner option in control panel.

    Thanks for the clues, John. I've started experimenting, using
    the CS330 with the onboard XP drivers. I have to learn how to
    make the brightness and color adjustments and make them stick.

    John Barnett MVP wrote:
    > I also have a CS330 as well as a YR76 and a Logitec zoom. I use the logitec
    > now but bothe the YR76 and the CS330 worked fine for me. I never install the
    > software, only the drivers. Most of the software is useless anyway.

    Camera is working with the onboard XP software, but I have
    yet to find a way to delete the nine snapshots which I took.
    I know where *I* saved them, but I'd like to clear them out
    of wherever the OS saved them when I snapped them. I'm
    sure it's 'obvious' but I didn't find it yet. Thanks for another clue.

    --
    William B. Lurie

Cameras Intel Software Windows XP