Problem with graphic card??

G

I also formating my computer but again this problem..problem is on monitor or in graphic card?

What monitor do you have? Is it CRT or LCD? To me that looks like a CRT that is out of sync. If so it means that your card is reading the DDC from your monitor incorrectly and setting an incorrect scan rate. You could try turning your monitor off and on again to see if that helps. Of course this is if you are using a CRT.

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Something else to try, replace the VGA/DVI cable (have seen this work). If you have an older CRT (TV looking monitor) check first to see if the cable is permanent. Try hooking up the monitor to a known working PC (friend, family's PC ect...)(use their cables first). Then try with your cable (this will determine wether the issue is with the monitor, or cable. If there are no issues with either approach, then the Vid card may be bad.

nikywilliams

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
I agree with techgeek, that is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your picture. :pt1cable: I've still got CRTs at home that occasionally do that to me and it always comes back to the refresh rate being set too high for the monitor.

G

Well i use..LCD..- > http://computermonger.com/wp-content/uploads/Samsung_Syncmaster_720N.jpg

this is my monitor..again when i start a computer .. again problem with lines..

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Try replacing the VGA (or DVI) cable, or the DVI to VGA adaptor (could be a bad pin/crossed connection) This is the cheapest solution. Is the GFX card AGP, PCI, or PCI-X?

smartel7070

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I've also seen this with crt monitors but usually with lcd's if you are trying to use a refresh rate higher than what the monitor can handle you will get an "out of range" message or similar on the screen.

Like others said, try with different adaptor, cable. If it's not that then I would try the video card in another rig or try another video card in your rig.