Okay a truly stupid question

Greetings all,

I have what will no doubt be a very stupid question to some of you. What is
the objective in Galaxies? I have heard of the game and thought about
playing, but I don't see anywere some kind of listing of what it is your
doing. I only ask this because I used to play EverQuest and there I knew
what I was working toward, is this similar? Any help that I can get here
would be appreciated. I am thinking of trying the free trial, but not if I
can't find out what it is that I am supposed to be doing.

Thanks again,
Tarvos{k}
Proud Owner/Master of kaiala{T}
slave registration #359129

Owner of:
Co-Owner of:

Moderator of:

My blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/tarvosk/
Email- tarvos@realmoftarvos.org
ICQ- 14758940
Yahoo- tarvosk
IRC- on the Bondage servers
#Realm-Of-Tarvos - Tarvos{k}

--
.... And on the seventh day, God said: ENGAGE!

The point is to be 'successful' and have fun. There's no story. It's
supposed to be that you are making the story of your character.

Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovney

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:48:11 -0400, "Tarvos{k}" <tarvos@chartermi.net>
wrote:

>Greetings all,
>
>I have what will no doubt be a very stupid question to some of you. What is
>the objective in Galaxies? I have heard of the game and thought about
>playing, but I don't see anywere some kind of listing of what it is your
>doing. I only ask this because I used to play EverQuest and there I knew
>what I was working toward, is this similar? Any help that I can get here
>would be appreciated. I am thinking of trying the free trial, but not if I
>can't find out what it is that I am supposed to be doing.

<SNIP>

Quite simply to have fun.

ringo

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004

wrote:

>Greetings all,
>
>I have what will no doubt be a very stupid question to some of you. What is
>the objective in Galaxies? I have heard of the game and thought about
>playing, but I don't see anywere some kind of listing of what it is your
>doing. I only ask this because I used to play EverQuest and there I knew
>what I was working toward, is this similar? Any help that I can get here
>would be appreciated. I am thinking of trying the free trial, but not if I
>can't find out what it is that I am supposed to be doing.
>
>Thanks again,
>Tarvos{k}
Im interested just what was it you were working toward in EQ? Level
65? 70? Tier 4,399 in Pop? Making a good guild? Keeping one running?
Feeding SoE your cash? There never was any clear goal that fit
everyone in EQ.

Isnt one in SWG either. For me its fun least till they "fix" it,
others wanna be a Jedi although why is a mystery to me, others want to
kill Jedi (that I understand) other want to embaress other people and
feed an inflated ego, and on and on and on...

there is none. unless of course you find it enjoyable to play games. play
games with others involved. you create a economy in the game according to
your skills.
what do you do to unwind? or what brings enoyment to you? thats the basic
jist of any game.
personally i like standing in front of starport in coronet and wait till
something happens. i also like sitting around medical center healing peoples
wounds and diseases chatting up those who come in.

"Tarvos{k}" <tarvos@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
>
> I have what will no doubt be a very stupid question to some of you. What
is
> the objective in Galaxies? I have heard of the game and thought about
> playing, but I don't see anywere some kind of listing of what it is your
> doing. I only ask this because I used to play EverQuest and there I knew
> what I was working toward, is this similar? Any help that I can get here
> would be appreciated. I am thinking of trying the free trial, but not if
> can't find out what it is that I am supposed to be doing.
>
> Thanks again,
> Tarvos{k}
> Proud Owner/Master of kaiala{T}
> slave registration #359129
>
> Owner of:
> Co-Owner of:
>
> Moderator of:
>
> My blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/tarvosk/
> Email- tarvos@realmoftarvos.org
> ICQ- 14758940
> Yahoo- tarvosk
> IRC- on the Bondage servers
> #Realm-Of-Tarvos - Tarvos{k}
>
> --
> ... And on the seventh day, God said: ENGAGE!

I want to thank all those that responded to my earlier post. So it seems
that the objective is mvch the same as it was in EverQvest. To play and
have a good time, advance the abilities of yovr character and possibly make
some friends along the way and explore the worlds they have offered.

Tarvos{k}
Provd Owner/Master of kaiala{T}
slave registration #359129

Owner of:

http://grovps.yahoo.com/grovp/mastersvbmissiveim
Co-Owner of:
http://tv.grovps.yahoo.com/grovp/crimetvim/
http://grovps.yahoo.com/grovp/BigWildCat_Incredimail

Moderator of:
http://grovps.yahoo.com/grovp/IMMagicalFantasy/
http://grovps.yahoo.com/grovp/ALPS_NM/

My blog: http://www.livejovrnal.com/vsers/tarvosk/
Email- tarvos@realmoftarvos.org
ICQ- 14758940
Yahoo- tarvosk
IRC- on the Bondage servers
#Realm-Of-Tarvos - Tarvos{k}

--
.... Do vnions picket God for working a six day week?

> I have what will no doubt be a very stupid question to some of you. What is
> the objective in Galaxies?

Well, number one I suppose, is to have fun. Some people look to have
strong fighting charactors, and cut down as many rebels or Imperials as
possible. Have the mention of their name strike fear in hearts of the
other faction. See number one. Others, like myself, don't care much
about fighting and would rather craft items and sell to the masses.
Success in my case would be to amass millions of credits, uber mineral
X, and have a fleet of BER 13 harvestors :). On top of that, I have a
master Doctor which is a lot of fun. Helping new players and such.
Again, see number one. There is a lot of professions to choose. Mix
and match something that fits your play style.

> would be appreciated. I am thinking of trying the free trial, but not if I
> can't find out what it is that I am supposed to be doing.

> --
> ... And on the seventh day, God said: ENGAGE!

lol