Bob154

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Hello,
I deleted MSN Internet Exployer off another computer station and now I cannot restore it. This computer is a part of system which I am having problem. Have gone into control panel and removed check from Internet Exployer and rebooted. after restart, I again entered Add-Remove Windows Comjponents and put checkmark back in Internet Exployer then rebooted. Still get message "unable to connect to internet". The computer station is one of two stations running off the server. Could router be problem?

Bob154

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010

It started when I would be on line and suddently MSN Exployer would display a screen telling me to provide password. It was from several years earlier because I no longer used the address they showed. "bobchume@cox.net". I tried several different passwords but to no avail. After days of this problem popping up every time I turned around I followed online instructions about how to delete MSN Exployer and did it. Have even used a different computer and still will not work.
Now I cannot get it back nor any other website. Still receive outlook express but cannot send nor read completely, cannot see pictures in e-mail.
No problem with #2 station or server in connecting with yahoo or att. Router is Netopia 3347NWG-006.

So MSN Internet Explorer is the chat program, not Internet Explorer, got it.

Have you tried to restore from an earlier restore points? With your explanations it's hard to find out what your issue is, can you get to a web page (Internet Explorer, not email or MSN)?

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Do you have a connection when you right click on My Network Places?

You might have to setup your network again.
If not, Ping your Router and if that checks out, ping a web page ex: www.google.com
also check in you internet explorer that you don't have connections under the connections tab if it connects through your router.

Internet explorer
---Tools
------Internet Options
---------Connections Tab