Raid0 issue in Win 7 - Intel hardware RAID0

dwblack99

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
I was messing with my BIOS and now managed to break my RAID0. I used Intel Manager to set up a dual RAID0 set up on the same 2 disks. Worked great now I can see and access the first Raid drive but the second drive does not show up in Windows. I can see it in Disk Management. It shows Disk 0 as basic (the one I can see) and Disk 1 as Dynamic (the one I can't see) I am not sure what I can do? Convert Disk0 to dynamic and hope they recognize each other? Delete and recreate in Intel Storage Manager using same drive names?
I don't seem to have enough backup room and want to save both. Any good ideas?

goobaah

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Check to see if the second disk is offline. Have you formatted it yet? The first one was formatted when you installed windows. Maybe the second one is not. If you see both drives in the storage manager then everything is setup correctly as far as the matrix software is concerned. Good luck with all that raid 0 stuff. I would strongly advise you run that seconds disk as raid 1. Or back stuff that you cannot lose outside of that computer. The risks are far greater than the rewards.

dwblack99

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

Thank you for the reply. I did have backups but was hoping for a quick solution for repairing the drives. This has been a few days and after endless messing with the drives and converting both back to Dynamic and running Intel Storage Manager a few times (open and close) they are back to Normal status. I do agree and adding disk to convert to Raid5.