Sign in with
Your question

Noob overclocking an I7. Need Help

Last response: in Overclocking
September 13, 2009 9:56:48 PM

Hello

I am waiting on my machine to arrive and am definitely going to over clock my I7 920 D0. I have ordered Vista Premium 65bit also.

I have ordered a Cooler Master Hyper 212.

My Motherboard is the ASUS P6T SE and my RAM is 6GB OCZ Gold PC3-12800 at 8-8-8-24.

I have looked at your guide and have a few questions. I don't want to go for records or any speed which will shorten the life span of my comp but if it can go faster safely I want it to.

You would be safe to assume I know nothing about OC'ing as I have never done it. So besides you I7 over clocking guide what other info can you give.

Also have a question about surge protectors. What should I be looking for when I go to get one? Don't want to fry my comp because of not having a 100 dollar surge protector.

More about : noob overclocking

a b K Overclocking
September 13, 2009 10:57:33 PM

i7 OCing guide
I put in a direct link to a P6T OCing guide on this post let's see if you can find it :lol: 
September 13, 2009 11:57:24 PM

Thanks Shadow.

Just reading though it. Thanks for this. I have looked around at other articles and still not 100% but when I have the comp set up in front of me I think it will all fall into place.

Just finished reading through the article. Thanks again Shadow answers a lot of my questions. Will keep looking for more info but will accept any advice offered. Just started reading the forum article at ASUS and this is what I was looking for. Explains loads of OC'ing goodness.
!