Imperial scans

I was scanned by an Imperial stormtrooper recently.
When he discovered I was a rebel, he and his 10 other
stormtrooper buddies opened fire! I got a TEF and
turned covert. I got away, but as I reached a rebel
recruiter I was killed by an Imperial Master Bounty
Hunter.

I am on Tempest server, which is extremely rebel
dominated. Is this an attempt to even the sides?

Also, how can I check my overt/covert status? And if
I go covert, how can I get back to overt?

DK
16 answers Last reply
More about imperial scans
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Ha ha, obviously you have been playing a short time! This is the leftover
    of the Imperial Crackdown, which was released a while ago. The only way to
    get back to covert is to have a recruiter or NPC reset you to covert. By
    the way, Imps that do hang around pouncing on hapless players like that are
    known as Ganks! Kill all ganks!
    "Dave King" <dking21@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I was scanned by an Imperial stormtrooper recently.
    > When he discovered I was a rebel, he and his 10 other
    > stormtrooper buddies opened fire! I got a TEF and
    > turned covert. I got away, but as I reached a rebel
    > recruiter I was killed by an Imperial Master Bounty
    > Hunter.
    >
    > I am on Tempest server, which is extremely rebel
    > dominated. Is this an attempt to even the sides?
    >
    > Also, how can I check my overt/covert status? And if
    > I go covert, how can I get back to overt?
    >
    > DK

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Don't you go back to covert automatically after the TEF goes away?

    "Gerry Wolburg" <Wolburg@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Ha ha, obviously you have been playing a short time! This is the leftover
    > of the Imperial Crackdown, which was released a while ago. The only way
    > get back to covert is to have a recruiter or NPC reset you to covert. By
    > the way, Imps that do hang around pouncing on hapless players like that
    are
    > known as Ganks! Kill all ganks!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:20:49 -0400, "Haqsau"
    <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Don't you go back to covert automatically after the TEF goes away?
    >
    >"Gerry Wolburg" <Wolburg@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Ha ha, obviously you have been playing a short time! This is the leftover
    >> of the Imperial Crackdown, which was released a while ago. The only way
    >> get back to covert is to have a recruiter or NPC reset you to covert. By
    >> the way, Imps that do hang around pouncing on hapless players like that
    >are
    >> known as Ganks! Kill all ganks!

    Nope I don;t think you do. I think you have to visit a recruiter and
    choose to go back Covert. But I could be wrong.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:15:19 GMT, "Dave King" <dking21@austin.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >I was scanned by an Imperial stormtrooper recently.
    >When he discovered I was a rebel, he and his 10 other
    >stormtrooper buddies opened fire! I got a TEF and
    >turned covert. I got away, but as I reached a rebel
    >recruiter I was killed by an Imperial Master Bounty
    >Hunter.
    >
    >I am on Tempest server, which is extremely rebel
    >dominated. Is this an attempt to even the sides?
    >
    >Also, how can I check my overt/covert status? And if
    >I go covert, how can I get back to overt?
    >
    >DK

    Hit Cnontro-C to bring up your character sheet In the top right corner
    it will tell you your status.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Think of it like this:

    Your the spy for angency X.
    Agency Y discovers who you are (spy/enemy/not one of us or newts) and puts
    out a notice (overt status) to all units.
    You have to go back to your agency X to get a new cover/identity.

    make sense? good, cause it doesnt to me....gonna blame lack of sleep x_x

    <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:20:49 -0400, "Haqsau"
    > <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Don't you go back to covert automatically after the TEF goes away?
    > >
    > >"Gerry Wolburg" <Wolburg@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >> Ha ha, obviously you have been playing a short time! This is the
    leftover
    > >> of the Imperial Crackdown, which was released a while ago. The only
    way
    > >> get back to covert is to have a recruiter or NPC reset you to covert.
    By
    > >> the way, Imps that do hang around pouncing on hapless players like that
    > >are
    > >> known as Ganks! Kill all ganks!
    > >
    > Nope I don;t think you do. I think you have to visit a recruiter and
    > choose to go back Covert. But I could be wrong.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:20:49 -0400, "Haqsau"
    > <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Don't you go back to covert automatically after the TEF goes away?
    > >
    > >"Gerry Wolburg" <Wolburg@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >> Ha ha, obviously you have been playing a short time! This is the
    leftover
    > >> of the Imperial Crackdown, which was released a while ago. The only
    way
    > >> get back to covert is to have a recruiter or NPC reset you to covert.
    By
    > >> the way, Imps that do hang around pouncing on hapless players like that
    > >are
    > >> known as Ganks! Kill all ganks!
    > >
    > Nope I don;t think you do. I think you have to visit a recruiter and
    > choose to go back Covert. But I could be wrong.

    Not if youve been scanned
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:02:59 -0400, Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote:

    >On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:15:19 GMT, "Dave King" <dking21@austin.rr.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I was scanned by an Imperial stormtrooper recently.
    >>When he discovered I was a rebel, he and his 10 other
    >>stormtrooper buddies opened fire! I got a TEF and
    >>turned covert. I got away, but as I reached a rebel
    >>recruiter I was killed by an Imperial Master Bounty
    >>Hunter.
    >>
    >>I am on Tempest server, which is extremely rebel
    >>dominated. Is this an attempt to even the sides?
    >>
    >>Also, how can I check my overt/covert status? And if
    >>I go covert, how can I get back to overt?
    >>
    >>DK
    >>

    >Hit Cnontro-C to bring up your character sheet In the top right corner
    >it will tell you your status.

    Hit Control-C to bring up your character sheet In the top right corner
    it will tell you your status.

    (v1.1 Spelling update)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Dave King wrote:
    > I was scanned by an Imperial stormtrooper recently.
    > When he discovered I was a rebel, he and his 10 other
    > stormtrooper buddies opened fire! I got a TEF and
    > turned covert. I got away, but as I reached a rebel
    > recruiter I was killed by an Imperial Master Bounty
    > Hunter.
    >
    > I am on Tempest server, which is extremely rebel
    > dominated. Is this an attempt to even the sides?
    >
    > Also, how can I check my overt/covert status? And if
    > I go covert, how can I get back to overt?
    >
    > DK

    rebel scum! ;)
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Dave King" <dking21@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I was scanned by an Imperial stormtrooper recently.
    > When he discovered I was a rebel, he and his 10 other
    > stormtrooper buddies opened fire! I got a TEF and
    > turned covert. I got away, but as I reached a rebel
    > recruiter I was killed by an Imperial Master Bounty
    > Hunter.
    >
    > I am on Tempest server, which is extremely rebel
    > dominated. Is this an attempt to even the sides?
    >
    > Also, how can I check my overt/covert status? And if
    > I go covert, how can I get back to overt?
    >
    > DK

    You can check your status on ctrl-c.

    The scan puts you overt, so you have to talk to a recruiter to go covert
    again and it will take about an hour. It's part of the imperial crackdown.
    You can evade them by not using spice or sliced weapons / armor. Being
    neutral would eliminate being made overt but you can still be scanned and if
    the imps find contraband you'll be fined. Smugglers have additional chances
    to evade the search.

    Once you're made overt, you're open game. Head for the closest recruiter or
    the closest doc for buffs. Get your armor on, pull out your best weapon and
    watch for blue dots.

    Erambacca / Eloise
    Wookie / Master Smuggler
    Colonel Rebellion
    Tempest
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Just a side note, if you kill all the imperials before they complete
    the scan you will just get the TEF and not go overt. I have done this
    the last three times they have started scanning me and it works
    perfectly. They are usually all very weak and easy to kill, especially
    if you have an AOE attack. Hope this helps.

    Rick
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:20:49 -0400, "Haqsau"
    > <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Don't you go back to covert automatically after the TEF goes away?
    > >
    > Nope I don;t think you do. I think you have to visit a recruiter and
    > choose to go back Covert. But I could be wrong.

    Right. If you are scanned, you are turned overt. If you run, you are
    turned overt. In either case, unless you are into PVP, it basically
    wastes an hour of your time, or you get killed. The best thing to do is
    shoot at him as soon as you are scanned, get the TEF and run like hell.
    Getting a TEF and waiting 5 mins is better than finding a recruiter and
    hiding out for an hour.

    - Oalan
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "jibbrish" <jibbrish@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Dave King" <dking21@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > I was scanned by an Imperial stormtrooper recently.
    > > When he discovered I was a rebel, he and his 10 other
    > > stormtrooper buddies opened fire! I got a TEF and
    > > turned covert. I got away, but as I reached a rebel
    > > recruiter I was killed by an Imperial Master Bounty
    > > Hunter.
    > >
    > > I am on Tempest server, which is extremely rebel
    > > dominated. Is this an attempt to even the sides?
    > >
    > > Also, how can I check my overt/covert status? And if
    > > I go covert, how can I get back to overt?
    > >
    > Once you're made overt, you're open game. Head for the closest
    recruiter or
    > the closest doc for buffs. Get your armor on, pull out your best
    weapon and
    > watch for blue dots.

    If you are overt or have a TEF (especially with a TEF, since same-side
    people can't tell), please let the Doc know that they will get a TEF
    from you. Nothing is worse than getting killed by trying to help
    somebody else with healing and not realizing you are making yourself
    free game. It is quite a bit better with the TEF icon available, but
    still a pain.

    - Oalan
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    I wes lucky and was found clean when scanned even though i am a
    luitenant..lol...was carrying a sliced gun and armor...

    <phew>

    i killed a group of dark imps and was chased by two goobers who when my
    tef let go had the balls to ask me to train them>>lol

    KROM

    "Rick B." <wrickk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just a side note, if you kill all the imperials before they complete
    > the scan you will just get the TEF and not go overt. I have done this
    > the last three times they have started scanning me and it works
    > perfectly. They are usually all very weak and easy to kill, especially
    > if you have an AOE attack. Hope this helps.
    >
    > Rick
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote in message
    > Dave King wrote:
    > > I was scanned by an Imperial stormtrooper recently.
    > > When he discovered I was a rebel, he and his 10 other
    > > stormtrooper buddies opened fire! I got a TEF and
    > > turned covert. I got away, but as I reached a rebel
    > > recruiter I was killed by an Imperial Master Bounty
    > > Hunter.
    > >
    > > I am on Tempest server, which is extremely rebel
    > > dominated. Is this an attempt to even the sides?
    > >
    > > Also, how can I check my overt/covert status? And if
    > > I go covert, how can I get back to overt?
    > >
    > rebel scum! ;)

    Now that cracked me up =)

    - Oalan
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Rick B." <wrickk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just a side note, if you kill all the imperials before they complete
    > the scan you will just get the TEF and not go overt. I have done this
    > the last three times they have started scanning me and it works
    > perfectly. They are usually all very weak and easy to kill, especially
    > if you have an AOE attack. Hope this helps.

    As another side note, having a vehicle out when being scanned can be a
    bad thing if Imp players are around. The first thing I do when I get
    scanned is stop, and store my vehicle. For some reason, some people
    like nothing more than killing the AV-21 you had to work for... (there
    is a Dark Jedi that hangs out around a base complex that is set up as a
    playground area, he loves destroying vehicles).

    - Oalan
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Once you have been scanned (and God help you if you run, that just confirms
    it) you should get a message telling you that you have to visit a faction
    recruiter to get back to covert. And if you get smoked, as I did by 12
    troopers and an AT-ST, you still have overt status when you reclone.

    Cheers

    "jsyno" <jsyno@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:20:49 -0400, "Haqsau"
    > > <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Don't you go back to covert automatically after the TEF goes away?
    > > >
    > > >"Gerry Wolburg" <Wolburg@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > leftover
    > way
    > By
    > > >are
    > > >
    > > Nope I don;t think you do. I think you have to visit a recruiter and
    > > choose to go back Covert. But I could be wrong.
    > >
    > Not if youve been scanned

Imperial Games Servers Video Games