Sign in with
Your question

Multiple RAID drives.

Last response: in Storage
December 21, 2009 5:45:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I've got a really simple question, that I can't find the answer to.

Can I run multiple RAID 0 drives on one controller? (The Intel® ICH10R found on the Asrock X58 Extreme motherboard)

I bought two Seagate 7200.12 1 TB drives today that I would like to RAID 0, this should be really easy as I currently have two Maxtor 160 GB drives in RAID 0.

But I would like to keep my Maxtor drives in RAID 0, so can I have two separate RAID 0 configurations on one controller?
I know that the Intel® ICH10R can handel up to six drives I'm just not to sure about the RAID 0.
Just to make things clear, I don't want to use all four drives in one single RAID 0 configuration obviously that would be a waste of money and speed.

If anyone has already done this, are there any problems I might encounter? Or maybe you know of a helpful guide?

If this question has already been asked and answered before and someone really feels the urge to tell me to use the search function, please just post the link instead, it saves a lot of time! (I probably used an incorrect search phrase.)

Thanks in advance to all readers and merry Christmas.

Dylan

More about : multiple raid drives

December 22, 2009 5:22:09 AM

I really need to know before I get the drives which should be sometime today maybe tomorrow, because I don't want to loss the data that I currently have stored on my Maxtor RAID array.
a b G Storage
December 22, 2009 1:41:29 PM

You can setup two RAID 0 volumes on the intel matrix controller. Or even three if you have 6 drives and 6 ports. It works fine. Happy RAIDing.
December 22, 2009 7:18:03 PM

Thanks!
!