GA-EP35-DS3 (rev. 2.1) install win xp2 problem...

cbloke

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
someone please help i hv a problem causing setup win xp2 on GA-EP35-DS3 (rev. 2.1) but i cant done it. my PC fittings:-

CPU Intel E8400 3GHz
mainboard GA-EP35-DS3 (rev. 2.1)
ram Kingmax DDR2 800MHz 1GB x2
hard disk Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 500-GB Hard Drive a separate with 2 patition
display card GV-NX85T256H
power supply GE-P450N-C2 Superb 550

i hv few question here..

1) GA-EP35-DS3 mobo can install windows xp2 or not?

2) when xp2 file start install to hard disk must hv some file cant install to it.

3) i was try few time to install xp2 some time showing blue screen error.

4) any GA-EP35-DS3 user please instruction me how to install the win xp2 to this mainboard.

someone please help thankyou.

bilbat

Splendid
What is your native language? - If I know, might help with making answer clear...

1) EP35-DS3 CAN work with xp2!

2) what is previously on hard disk to install? May be conflict

3) write out error message on blue screen and post here...

4) I do not have DS3 (I have DS5 - not running yet) but can help

...very welcome

cbloke

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008

hi bilbat great to hearing your reply... i was from MY, sorry to make you miss understanding.

1Q) what i mean that is EP35-DS3 usually support windows xp2 or not? or this bomo only support vista?

2Q) that is my new sata hard disk i just bought it few day ago

3Q) e... i hv to reinstall just cant write out the error message... is 0E0000 something i'll write after..

4Q) ic... i hope you can help me too.... T-T but anyway thank very much..

cbloke

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
hi bibat i have found the problem is the RAM problem....the mobo when ran in 1 RAM in single channel is ok no problem at all. When use 2 RAM ran in single channel or dual channel all was showing blue screen error.

so sad... i dont know all the GA-EP35-DS3 (rev. 2.1) is like that problem or only mine. And someone tell me may be is the RAM need use "in pairs of the same part number together" but i not understand of this mean. so did you have any a suggestion for me.

thankyou.

bilbat

Splendid
Please give manufacturer and type of RAM. ARE both stcks the SAME? If they are different, often a problem... Reboot your machine, and select "Load Optimized Defaults"; save and exit - might help...
Also, what slots do you have the RAM in?