Amd x4 955be+gtx 680?

amdghz

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
whats the deal with this i hear theres bottlenecking and some says there isnt. im trying to get maxed out settings here, this 5770 just isnt doing its job i need some smooth eye candy now plus a psu lol and dont worry ive got a hyper 212 evo for ocing

cmi86

Distinguished
You get alot of that "phenom II bottlenecks" talk from the same people that tell you to buy a 2500K because it's 5 FPS faster. My Phenom II rocks 2X 6950's unlocked to 6970's without any issue. A 680 would be a bit better but even still, If you have a semi-modern quad you are fine man. Especially if you clock that 955 to 4+ Ghz ;)

Peettreedish

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Right on, man some times feel like intel has a bunch of bots on this site tryin to sell cpu's to people. The human eye can only handle about 35 frames per second any way, and the guys cry if there computers cant pump out more than 120. Buy what you can afford period. i always recommend Amd over intel because the real difference between 5 frames can usually be several hundred dollars with an intel. these guys are mostly braggin about whos pockets are deeper.