I need help with my graphic card please...

Since i built my computer, i have a problem with some weird graphic effects. Here`s an example with GTA San Andreas.
Look at the neck of T.J. It look likje a shading problem.
The same occur with Company of Heroes, Crysis and some more games. I have tried with different drivers with no luck.

My system is:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor LGA775 Kentsfield 2.40GHZ 1066FSB 8MB
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L ATX LGA775 P35 1333FSB 1PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2
G.SKILL F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ PC2-8000 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-1000 CL5-5-5-15 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit
XFX GeForce 8800GT XXX 512MB 670MHZ 1.95GHZ DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP
BFG PhysX Card Ageia Physics Processor Card PCI 128MB 128-BIT
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer 24BIT Sound Card 7.1 PCI
OCZ GameXStream 700W ATX12V 24PIN
2 X Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB SATA2 7200RPM 16MB 8.9MS
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 32BIT

Anyone ever met that kind of glitch before?
Here`s a bigger pics to really see what i`m talking about

8 answers Last reply
More about graphic card please
  1. dude, there is nothing wrong with that picture. can you perhaps describe the problem more and give more pictures.
  2. I think he's talking about the square of light coming from a window on TJ's neck.. The angle looks a bit off tbh but that one screenshot could just be the programmers fault with him being picky :P
  3. I can't see anything wrong either - those aren't the best graphics ever, but they look like they're rendered correctly.
  4. Did San Andreas look better on your old computer? I would bet that you simply have the graphics maxed out and weren't expecting crappy console shading. Keep in mind GTA SA was made for old lo-res consoles not high res computers
  5. Look at this pic.

6. dude, that how san andreas is rendered. it looks like crap. try crysis and well get back to you.
  7. Thats exactly how GTA SA looked on my X800XL, X1900GT and 3870.
  8. Could be a driver issue. but it is probably how the game renders graphics.

Either way, just live with it. I recall Oblivion having facial shadow rendering issues with either ATI or nVidia drivers (can't remember which).
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics