Tags:
  • Flash Media
  • SSD
  • Intel
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
December 22, 2009 4:27:31 PM

Yesterday Intel released the new toolbox for its SSDs and i have some problems with it.
basically, everything works except for when I try doing the Intel Optimizer, it says Intel SSD Optimize Error. The entire blue selection bar turns red, under status it says failed and under reccommened action it says "Intel SSD Optimizer Error"...

Hardware Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Bloomfield
GPU: Nvidida Geforce 8800GTS 640Mb
RAM: OCZ Platinum 1600mhz CL7 6GB 3-way
Motherboard: Asus P6T
SSD: Intel 80GB G2 34nm Internal MLC

Software Information:
Bios: 0603
Video Driver: 195.81 Beta
SSD Firmware: 02HD

Misc Information:
Volume Shadow Copy=OFF
Disk Defragmenter=OFF
System Restore=OFF
Connection of SSD=AHCI mode

Is there anything I am missing, any ideas on what might be going on? I am using the Toolbox that was released yesterday. Thanks for all the help.

Edit: I also tried running it in safe mode and no luck.
Should I do a full Disk/error check on it?
Does it have anything to do with write caching and etc..in policy in device manager?
Is it okay if i try the 1.1 toolbox?...is it safe?
Should I flash bios even though everything is connected in AHCI mode and works fine.

More about : intel ssd toolbox issue

a b G Storage
December 23, 2009 1:26:11 AM

If nothing works and for some reason I can't get the Intel 1.2 SSD Toolbox to work, will it be fine if I try the 1.1 Toolbox, i found a download of it however is the 1.1 version safe?...what bugs does it have and if it works should I just stick with that. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I just tryed the 1.1 toolbox and everything works fine. The SSD managment thing lasts only about 1 second for some reason, this i am guessing is because Trim is already doing everything so the optimizer has no use in windows 7 w/ Trim enabled. It turns green instead of red and says "ready to use" so obviosly its working, and I am hoping its only working for 1 second because of Trim doing the job, becuase i heard other people had it take around 1 hour+ thats if they had vista/xp.
m
l
December 24, 2009 12:04:17 AM

blackhawk1928 said:
If nothing works and for some reason I can't get the Intel 1.2 SSD Toolbox to work, will it be fine if I try the 1.1 Toolbox, i found a download of it however is the 1.1 version safe?...what bugs does it have and if it works should I just stick with that. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I just tryed the 1.1 toolbox and everything works fine. The SSD managment thing lasts only about 1 second for some reason, this i am guessing is because Trim is already doing everything so the optimizer has no use in windows 7 w/ Trim enabled. It turns green instead of red and says "ready to use" so obviosly its working, and I am hoping its only working for 1 second because of Trim doing the job, becuase i heard other people had it take around 1 hour+ thats if they had vista/xp.

I don't know. My Win7 x64 with toolbox 1.2 takes more than 10 minutes. It fills up the whole drive less 1GB, then works on it for quite a while. I used to have toolbox 1.1 on XP, and it only took like seconds.
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
December 24, 2009 12:54:05 AM

Did you notice a performance increase at all?

Edit, I reinstalled my OS...again and the toolbox works like a charm now...idk what happened before. It takes about 5-10second however as far as i can see the performance increase is either unoticable or barely any and i am guessing this is because of Trim.
m
l
a b G Storage
December 27, 2009 8:21:06 PM

WTF, the toolbox was working fine and now that I tryed disabling windows 7 prefetch/superfetch it gives me the same Intel SSD optimizer Error. I renabled everything back and still no avail...does this mean i have to reinstall the operating system again for it!! God, this pisses me off. I already renabled everything back and still isn't freaken working, wtf do i have to do to get it back?
m
l
!