Restore Explorer Zip facility

How can I get back the Explorer zip facility? It has
disapeared, I suppose when I installed ZipGenius.
It did not return when I removed ZipGenius.

What I have found is a restore command,

regsvr32 c:\windows\\system32\zipfldr.dll

but it did not help. When I check registered file
types, zip is not among them. Or, more exactly:
Things seem to work when I have a zip file,
what does not work is creating a new zip folder,
when I press the right button and "New" I can
only create a new folder or a shortcut, not a
zip folder.

Thanks for any answer

Anders

anders d o t floderus a t swipnet d o t se
8 answers Last reply
More about restore explorer facility

    Hi

    Try typing the following command from Start>Run:

    regsvr32 zipfldr.dll

    --

    Will Denny
    MS MVP Windows Shell/User

    "ANDERS FLODERUS" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
    > How can I get back the Explorer zip facility? It has
    > disapeared, I suppose when I installed ZipGenius.
    > It did not return when I removed ZipGenius.
    >
    > What I have found is a restore command,
    >
    > regsvr32 c:\windows\\system32\zipfldr.dll
    >
    > but it did not help. When I check registered file
    > types, zip is not among them. Or, more exactly:
    > Things seem to work when I have a zip file,
    > what does not work is creating a new zip folder,
    > when I press the right button and "New" I can
    > only create a new folder or a shortcut, not a
    > zip folder.
    >
    > Thanks for any answer
    >
    > Anders
    >
    > anders d o t floderus a t swipnet d o t se

    Thanks, I already tried it but it did not help
    (I got an OK massage too).

    Anders

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:47:58 +0200, ANDERS FLODERUS wrote:

    > (I got an OK massage too)

    I'm still hoping for one of those too. ;)

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Type in Start, Run:

    cmd /c assoc .zip=CompressedFolder

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > Thanks, I already tried it but it did not help
    > (I got an OK massage too).
    >
    > Anders

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Try typing the following command from Start>Run:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 zipfldr.dll
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Will Denny
    >> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>
    >> "ANDERS FLODERUS" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
    >>> How can I get back the Explorer zip facility? It has
    >>> disapeared, I suppose when I installed ZipGenius.
    >>> It did not return when I removed ZipGenius.
    >>>
    >>> What I have found is a restore command,
    >>>
    >>> regsvr32 c:\windows\\system32\zipfldr.dll
    >>>
    >>> but it did not help. When I check registered file
    >>> types, zip is not among them. Or, more exactly:
    >>> Things seem to work when I have a zip file,
    >>> what does not work is creating a new zip folder,
    >>> when I press the right button and "New" I can
    >>> only create a new folder or a shortcut, not a
    >>> zip folder.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any answer
    >>>
    >>> Anders
    >>>
    >>> anders d o t floderus a t swipnet d o t se

    Thanks, it worked. It does look a little funny with the new entry
    at the bottom of the list but it works OK.

    > Type in Start, Run:
    >
    > cmd /c assoc .zip=CompressedFolder
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "ANDERS FLODERUS" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks, I already tried it but it did not help
    >> (I got an OK massage too).
    >>
    >> Anders
    >>
    >> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> Try typing the following command from Start>Run:
    >>>
    >>> regsvr32 zipfldr.dll
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>

    >>> Will Denny
    >>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>>
    >>> "ANDERS FLODERUS" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message

    You're welcome.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:47:58 +0200, ANDERS FLODERUS wrote:
    >
    >> (I got an OK massage too)
    >
    > I'm still hoping for one of those too. ;)
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Just "OK" Sharon? I thought you'd set your standards higher than that ;-)

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:05:28 -0600, Harry Ohrn wrote:

    > Just "OK" Sharon? I thought you'd set your standards higher than that ;-)

    At least okay would be... okay. But yes, I always prefer the "best." ;)

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Explorer Zip Windows XP