Hauppage WinTV 1600 - no analog pick-up

trellonium

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
I recently bought and install a Hauppauge WinTV 1600 model 1199. As far as I can tell there wasn't a problem with the installation. Here at college I get an analog signal and the TV tuner can't seem to find any of the analog channels. However, it can find the free digital channels (even though the university has blocked them), you know the ones that try and get you to buy Digital Cable. I have checked both inputs on the back of the card and all options in the scan menu. When it scans, it's almost as if the card skips checking for analog signals because when I begin scanning for channels a message at the bottom says "Scanning for analog signals" and then less than 5 seconds later it tells me that no analog channels were found. It then moves on to looking for digital channels which takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes and comes back with nothing.

I'm running XP Pro on a custom built rig, and I have upgraded the WinTV application to version 6 and the latest drivers and the same problem persists. Please Help.