Sign in with
Your question

Steps for overclocking cpu(E7200)

Last response: in Overclocking
September 16, 2009 2:36:07 PM

well here i am with no xp's in overclocking....nd need sme help(by overclock-kings)....

i have an intel E7200@2.53 GHz nd nuf ram(4gigs)...whole system runs @450w
its been nearly 1 yr since i am running my pc on stock speeds nd hence need overclocking

can ne1 plz jes temme steps to overclock my cpu perfectly without harming it???...

PLZ HELP THIS ROOKIE GUYS....

specs:
intel E7200@2.53GHz
intel 945gcnl mobo
4gigs of trancend modules@800 fsb(2x2gbs)..
stock psu@450watts
xfx 8800gt(ocd when joined tomshardware.. :(  )
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
a b å Intel
September 17, 2009 8:52:41 AM

And take a look at this thread for some information on thermal management:
Core 2 Quad and Duo Temperature Guide
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/221745-29-core-quad-t...

Google an overclocking guide for your particular motherboard.

Keep in mind that these are guides, not cookbooks. As they say in the car magazines, YMMV. :) 

And if you are running the stock heatsink, you will definitely need a better one. Two popular ones for under $50:
Sunbeam
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Xigmatec Dark Knight
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
----------
Overclocking since 1978 - Z80 (TRS-80) from 1.77 MHz to 2.01 MHz
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 17, 2009 1:45:56 PM

Give it 1.4 vcore, Change FSB to 400, set the multi to 10. "4.0"

Lower the vcore til it aint stable and temps are perfect.
m
l
September 20, 2009 5:28:09 PM

festerovic said:
Here are the steps:

1) Read this guide:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/240001-29-howto-overc...
2) Try the stuff in the sticky
3) Ask questions about specific things that are going wrong.

well...m sorry here.....i jes checked nd found my one ram is 667 nd other is 800 fsb....m goin mad at this vcore,multiplier nd all things....m confused where to start up with....plz plz help
m
l
September 20, 2009 5:31:36 PM

daship said:
Give it 1.4 vcore, Change FSB to 400, set the multi to 10. "4.0"

Lower the vcore til it aint stable and temps are perfect.

ok daship...i'v got too much jumbled with those guide
IN BIOS WHERE DO I GO FIRST??....i noe it mst b annoying 4 u bt plz help....also can i overclock with stock fan nd wt shud be the limit....
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 20, 2009 6:07:41 PM

1. Writing clearly will help.

2. If you don't even know how to navigate the BIOS you shouldn't be OCing.

3. festerovic and jsc both gave you links for very well written guides. Go read them. If you can't understand them you shouldn't be OCing anyways.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 20, 2009 6:10:27 PM

uber, translating your post into english is rough times.

Don't sweat the RAM speed, they are both compatible when set to the lower speed RAMs clock speed. So, just consider them all 667mhz for now.
m
l
September 21, 2009 8:37:37 AM

Shadow703793 said:
1. Writing clearly will help.

2. If you don't even know how to navigate the BIOS you shouldn't be OCing.

3. festerovic and jsc both gave you links for very well written guides. Go read them. If you can't understand them you shouldn't be OCing anyways.

i do know how to navigate the bios ...but from where to start with is gettin on my nerves...i need to find sm1 whoz got intel 945gcnl mobo(i am stuck with the approach)....nd those guides are for advanced user...i read em
m
l
September 21, 2009 8:49:32 AM

festerovic said:
uber, translating your post into english is rough times.

Don't sweat the RAM speed, they are both compatible when set to the lower speed RAMs clock speed. So, just consider them all 667mhz for now.

festerovic i have an intel 945gcnl mobo...firstly can i overclock to 3Ghz with a stock processor fan?......i'v read the guide but can you tell me the first step after going into bios?.. help me on this...please
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 21, 2009 12:13:26 PM

ubergamer said:
i do know how to navigate the bios ...but from where to start with is gettin on my nerves...

uber, is there someone holding a gun to your head? Just settle down for a minute!

ubergamer said:
......i'v read the guide but can you tell me the first step after going into bios?..

yeah, next step is to get out of BIOS and stay out until you know what the next step is.

No amount of begging or pleading will give you an understanding of what's involved. Now, in all fairness, most forum users will want to help you, but you need to help yourself first by reading and understanding the guides. They are not for advanced users.

You'll have more people wanting to help you once your questions become a bit more specific.

m
l
September 21, 2009 12:57:26 PM

seabreeze said:
uber, is there someone holding a gun to your head? Just settle down for a minute!

yeah, next step is to get out of BIOS and stay out until you know what the next step is.

No amount of begging or pleading will give you an understanding of what's involved. Now, in all fairness, most forum users will want to help you, but you need to help yourself first by reading and understanding the guides. They are not for advanced users.

You'll have more people wanting to help you once your questions become a bit more specific.

i opened BIOS nd this was my system status:

BIOS>ADVANCED>CHIPSET COFIGURATION:

burn-in mode(what is this?)..is this where i should start...?
memory configuration
pci e configuration
pci latency timer<32>

in MEMORY CONFIGURATION:
SDRAM control<auto>
memory frequency<667 MHz>
SDRAM tcl <5>
trcd <5>
trd <5>
tRAS min <15>

channel A:SLOT 0:2048 mb(ddr2 667) 5.0-5-5-15
channel B:SLOT 0:2048 mb(ddr2 800) 5.0-4-4-18

in BOOT CONFIGURATION:
cpu fan control<enable>
system fan control<enable>
lowest fan speed<slow>
max CPUID value limit<disable>
display setup prompt<on>

now my question:1.what should i do initially(dwnload p95 and other softwares? or tweak bios(how))
2.what is burn in mode(it is at default i.e off/auto)
m
l
September 21, 2009 1:01:18 PM

1819062,11,302447 said:

You'll have more people wanting to help you once your questions become a bit more specific.[/quotems

seabreeze,hi and where is those vcores and multipliers located?...i mean i cannot see them in my bios....
m
l
!