P5Q Deluxe Boot "Problem"

genzeleam

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I've been using my P5Q Deluxe for a little while. I noticed that whenever I unplug the PSU or turn it off, then turn it back on and start up, my computer starts up for a second or two then shuts off, then starts back up again and boots perfectly. I'm also having audio problems on my board like some popping, some crackling, and weird popping/crackling/split-second song clipping (don't know if that's the right term for it) whenever I change songs. Sometimes, I get a little pop in games when a sound stops playing or something else begins to load. The problem is the same with my sound card and onboard sound (with sound card drivers completely uninstalled and sound card removed).

I'm wondering if all of this is a mobo problem? I had a faulty PSU before that wasn't supplying enough power when my graphics card would kick up, resulting in loss of monitor signal.

Any help would be appreciated.

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Same thing happens on my p5q pro, but it also happens when you get too high overclock and it wont boot, its on for about 1 sec(restoring defaults i guess??), off, and back on and boots fine on cpu defaults. I always assumed that it was some sort of a safety feature. I dont have any problems with sound though