ATI xpress 200m fps issues

mta630

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

My names mike, and i have been an avid gamer for many years now.

I have a great custom build desktop pc, but this post is in regard to my laptop and the single game that i run on it.

So anyway,

I Bought the Toshiba Sattelite A135-S2386 , For Business Purposes. But, being the gamer i am, i needed to have at least 1 game installed on it

This game is Warcraft III Frozen Throne.

An older game which does not require that great of a pc to run well. In Fact, the game runs perfect on all high settings on my friends desktop , which has a 2.3 ghz processor (not dual core), and an older generic graphics card 64mb.

My problem is that even though this laptop should run this game perfectly well on all high setting graphics, it runs choppy at any type of graphics setting i use. I have tryed all combinations of in-game graphics settings
All Resolutions i have tried, nothing helps.

The specs on this laptop are:

MS WINDOWS VISTA SP1
GENUINE INTEL CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHZ (DUAL CORE)
1.5GB RAM
ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M SERIES

I know for a fact that overheating is not the problem, i have the laptop on its side next to a box fan closed at all times, using an external monitor.

I use CCleaner, Advanced Windows Care, and AVG Anti Virus 8.0 . All daily so i know that my computer is clean from any kind of registry problems, or adware and spyware.

If anyone could help me out with getting my wc3 to run smoothly, i would be greatly appreciative!

Ok, i was thinking that The amount of Memory that vista takes up on my laptop could be the problem, although i do have 1.5 gigs, i was wondering if there was a way to give more memory useage to my video card, and if maybe that will solve anything?

Thanks in advance!!

Also, i used to run world of warcraft on this computer, and that only got 8 - 10 fps on all low settings, when i know it shouldve gotten somewhere around 20.

customisbetter

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
that 'card' will have issues doing almost anything. i am not familiar with the game you are playing so i can
't help a whole lot. BUT, go into the bios and you should have an option on how much memory you want reserved for the graphics. my hp was default set to 64 MB when the max was 256 MB.
look for that and see if it helps.

It should work fine. A friend used to run Wow 3 on his no troubles with the desktop version. Try upping the ram, 256 is more than enough, and having 1.5 gigs wont hurt a thing taking a lil from it.

azkyte

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Hi, from what I can tell youre gpu is integrated w/ 0 DEDICATED VRAM. This greatly lowers it performance.

I have an ATI x1600 in my laptop w/ 256 dedicated vram and with everything on High and 10x7. I get and avg of 45 fps with just my units. Once battles happens it drops to the 20s.

My friend has an Nvidia GO 6150 with 128 dedicated VRAM and he still needs to play with all settings on low and 8x6 to achieve my results.

So I really think you should lower the quality and res. The IGP just doesn't have enough raw power.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

This particular one has no dedicated memory at all.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Radeon-Xpress-200M.2175.0.html
It's not suitable for gaming.

As for system ram, basically all modern graphics cards can use on system ram when needed. 8800gts can draw up to 1.5gb additional system ram. Going through the bus to reach the slower ram is slow though.