33mikeg

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
I heard on the news two days ago that one day we will try to regulate the internet so that everyone will be watched! Anywhere we go on the net, we will be monitored. I thought they already did this rofl. They probably do. Anyone ever heard of the patriot act??
confused.gif
Well anyways I posted in this area of the forums because I figured people that know all the innerworkings of the computer would have more knowledge about what people can and can't do when attempting to crack in or monitor a users computer. This makes me not want a computer anymore and that is a shame because counter strike source is my life!! Lemme know the scoop, guys! Thanks

tvsocks

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
wow the first post made me laugh a little on the inside, but damn that picture is so funny, i bet you were just waiting to post that

If you're really worried about it then learn a little about internet security and the structure of packets. The government already monitors the traffic of everyday computer users. Don't you remember the Telco Immunity Bill that just pased, that Obama voted for!? It basically said that it was o.k for companies like Verizon and AT&T, who already have a fiber optic line that sends a copy of all data to some government agency, to spy on people and to encourage other telcos to do the same.

If you don't like it, then write your representatives and let them know. If they voted for it tell them you will vote for their opposition since they are not representing your best interest. Visit votenader.org to learn more. If you're not willing to do that then quit being a whinny punk and shut up!

tvsocks

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
i wouldnt mind if they monitored us. the only people that will get pissed are people that illegaly download or look up other illegal activities. if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear. beside i am sure you can get around it. I used to have Comcast (cable company) they caught me twice downloading games, so i switched to a different company. and the whole privacy thing ppl pull out of there ass is just cuz they dont want to get caught. also they can catch criminals this way (and i dont just mean illegal downloaders) you know the adults trying to get kids and that messed up stuff....so yeah i would support it even if that means no more free games awww to bad you have to get a real job and pay for them waah.

I find that our "representatives" do nothing useful. A good example is the current crisis the economy and all the banks are in. The financial instatutions screwed over the economy and knew they were doing something horrible. Instead of passing regulation to stop this and help avoid a economic collapse, our representatives took bribes to leave these instatutions to do as they please.

Its sad when people try to blame people such as the President when there are 2 others who are at fault. 1. the financial instatutions themselves and 2. the so called state representatives who wouldn't pass regulation due to being "bought" out.

As for the whole privacy thing. dude you are already monitored. Its just not said. The government already knows what you do. Hell the RIAA gets the info of what you download two ways. 1. they ask for it from your USP, and good ones will tell the to F off and 2. they monitor via torrent programs and P2P programs by actually using them to look them up and then getting your IP through it.

I don't think there has ever been a time when browsing the internet was private.

tvsocks

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
^ yaaaaa! a smart person +1 for you jimmysmitty

also some cable companys with tell you to stop or they will cut your connection like Comcast

Belinda

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004

That monitoring becomes a problem when you think your not doing anything illigal, then one day they decide to ban the wearing of that leather underwear you love. It's then that they know that you wear them and where you ordered them from

enigma067

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2007

"Don't worry about it", you say?

You're reply is consistent with someone who has the sheep mentality. Sheep are docile, passive and easily led to slaughter. . . They've fleeced your parents all their lives and you, yet you do nothing.

mmmmmmmmbeh heh heh heh mmmmmmmmbeh heh heh heh

Of course they've always monitored our lives. Now they're making known. What are the people like you doing about ? Nothing. Because you're a sheep.

tvsocks

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008

1. they dont ban stuff unless it is dangerous or unsafe or stealing. and it would be impossible to monitor everyone all the time, not to mention proxy servers from other countries. and even if they had a system to located keywords ppl would make up slang or code so the government would be one step behind (the smart people)

2. how the flying f*** did you know i wore leather underwear? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tvsocks

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008

i read this and swear you meant to quote me but still i dont understand your point.

And yes the USA is filled with sheep. kinda like Republicans (i am not democrat or republican i dont pick extreme YES or NO sides like that). most are Christians. so alot of Christians will vote for a republican presidential candidate just because he is a christian. here is the sheep part, if you ask most Christians about Easter they will say it is about Jesus, but have no idea what the rabbits and eggs are for. it is sad since Easter was a Pagan and Christians could not stop them for celebrating it so they put there beliefs in it and it evolved into what it is today. and just about all pastors will admit that the dates dont line up on when they celebrate Easter and when it (the jesus thing not the pagan thing) really happen. My point is these people (well a lot not all) are going to change the face of this world and they dont even know there own damn religion, they ARE lemmings just following the crowd. please dont respone to this in a attacking way i know not all Christians are like this (i am one to prove it) but i have been to many churches and a lot are this way, even my grandparent who have been going to church and "learning" for 70yrs didn't know about Easter being originally a Pagan holiday or know that the dates did match up really.

This is why Christianity (and other religions) are losing members and ppl that hate the government. Both lie, make mistakes, and screw up. And intead of them saying "Oops we F***ed up this is the truth" the deny and avoid answer or lie some more. so ppl get fed up and say f*** the government and they dont vote and dont care about the USA and f*** religion dont go to church and think it is ALL false.

This is funny since i made a post about the Q9300 vs the Q6600 and it is kinda similar sheep/lemming thing, i made the post because most (not all) other similar topics (here and other sites) ppl just said yes the Q6600 is better in like 8 words and everyone else patting themselves on the back agreeing. not a lot of reasoning or questioning or explaining it just sounds good so it must be right. again not ALL are like this but a good amount.

Christianity's definition of "Free Will"
Believe in god and jesus or go to hell and burn
wow tough choice, sounds like dictatorship

Real life scenario of Christianity's definition of "Free Will"
Guy points a gun to your head. You can move but he will shoot you, but you have the free will to move ( a real catch 22)

*wonder what kinda of storm is brew when people read this...hope i dont have to make a new account :lol:

yipsl

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
Sigh, your view of Christianity isn't accurate. I can say that as a Christian who was Jewish for 18 years and has studied the history and theologies of both religions. Overall, Biblical religions get a bad rap based on the worst behavior of members, whereas secular philosophies are often judged by their more enlightened members (who often don't bash religion on the internet).

I'm neither Calvinist or Arminian, but generally a universalist who follows the original theologies of the first 400 years (i.e. Christus Victor instead of penal substitution as a way of viewing Jesus' atonement). While I think that there is a judgment and a Judge, I don't see hell in the Bible and have the Jewish background to interpret Jesus' stories of sinners in Gehenna.

The only dictatorships that arise are ones where people give in to hatred of other groups and then find ways to restrict their freedoms while dehumanizing them. That's happened because of both religious and non-religious fundamentalism in history. It's all due to human nature.

Most people want to be right. Some people will do anything to be proved right. The Inquisition, Communist Russia etc. people will twist the worldviews they inherited from their cultures for selfish ends.

The way out is to be altruistic and to recognize that there are no scientifically verifiable religions or philosophies, thus we all believe on faith and should use reason, not emotions as a guide to avoid conflict while holding fast to the principles we live by.

As for being observed night and day, that seems like Britain to me. Too many cameras in public places and too much danger of it really becoming "1984" or "Brazil" if the wrong people get into power and misuse the laws and technologies in place.