Sign in with
Your question

Entirely lockedout of my computer Help Please!

Last response: in Windows XP
December 23, 2010 12:13:09 PM

Hi there I am a graphic designer and have just broken up my relationship. My Partner is a clever computer fundi so as punishment he has locked me out of my computer...he has changed the administrator password on my computer and changed the password to my windows account. I have tried downloading different password recovery programs but because i cannot boot from cd these options are of no use to me.. I also had the 11 in 1 cd for windows but he took that but I do not think it would have worked as I cannot boot in from my cd drive.....This is a serious problem and I am in a state as my computer is my life and this is a serious problem. Please help me I am not very clued up with computers so if anybody can help I do hope it would be in normal language. Thank you people your help would be most appreciated.

Really need to get into my computer just to do everyday stuff over the season and yes run my little business........would appreciate anybody´s help.

Oh yes the only thing I would not accept if somebody tells me that I can throw the computer against the wall....my 12 year old has just told me that as I can´t cd boot it is a piece of junk.....I do hope that is not the case...
tks Odette

.....my email is odette_gaud@yahoo.co.uk or odette_m_l_gaud@hotmail.com or odettegaud@gmail.com

I need some body to help and advise me PLEASE......TKS

More about : lockedout computer

December 23, 2010 12:34:52 PM

Find a local computer tech, anyone worth the title will be able to un-lock it in a few minutes; I won't tell you how because (bottom line) you could be anyone and the machine could be stolen, it would also be a breach of the forum rules.

Before un-locking a tech will usually request proof of identity and ownership, so make sure you have the necessary...
a b 8 Security
December 23, 2010 1:25:52 PM

If you still have contact of any sort with your ex you might point out to him that he is guilty of a criminal offence under section 3 of the Computer Misuse Act 1990 (Unauthorised acts with intent to impair, or with recklessness as to impairing, operation of computer, etc.). As this carries a penalty of up to 12 months in prison he might like the chance to rectify his act before you report it to the authorities.
December 24, 2010 8:51:21 AM

hi there Mr linux and Mr ijack, tks so much for that info. My son said I should chuck it away.....i am relieved to hear differently.....well yes respect the fact that it could be a stolen computer but the fact is it is not but respect the stance taken here......Tks so much and have a great xmas. re the criminal offence thingie we live on a small island and here it is very difficult to get your point across.
tks again Odette
!